Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWB HPtuners Help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWB HPtuners Help please

I just bought a 01 camaro ss and the owner included an HPtuner. I have no idea how to use it. Ive been on there site and its asking me a serial number and application key? It comes with cd and all wires. The cd has id# AND VER?
Im a newb when it comes these tuners. Are these tuners any good or should I just get a dyno tune and sell this thing? Im planning on installing a head and cam pkg in a month. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

stay on here and ask questions, and get on www.hptuners.com HPTuners and EFI LIVE are the shiznit.

question is, do you plan on tuning it , or do you just want someone to tune it for you?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
stay on here and ask questions, and get on www.hptuners.com HPTuners and EFI LIVE are the shiznit.

question is, do you plan on tuning it , or do you just want someone to tune it for you?
Thank you ZL1Killa, Im in the middle of getting a new password from HP,so I guess Ill give it a shot. What is a used hp tuner worth?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Most likely you will tune it better yourself then any dyno tuner will do. Most of the tuners don't spend the time it takes to tune a car properly.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yeyo
Thank you ZL1Killa, Im in the middle of getting a new password from HP,so I guess Ill give it a shot. What is a used hp tuner worth?
They can vary greatly dependent upon which model you have ie std serial, i/o serial, std usb or pro usb as well as how many licenses or credits are left on it.