Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Hood to fender gaps changed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hood to fender gaps changed?

I don't want to sound like a weirdo but I'm pretty sure my hood to fender gaps are wider than they were before.I've been doing bodywork for 20 years and this is really bothering me.My drivers side door started rubbing on the fender at the top edge for no reason at first.No problem,i can adjust it and touch it up.Today it was worse than usual so I took care of it,but I had to adjust the fender all the way out so the door wouldn't rub on it.It was fine 2 years ago when I painted it.While i was working on it I noticed that the hood to fender gaps were a lot wider than they were before.The only thing i can think that would have caused it was that I had to remove the welds on my SLP subframe connectors to install my BMR driveshaft loop.But even before I did that I had the problem withe the fender an door.
The gaps are wider at the front of the hood and fenders.I don't know how this could change without doing something to the tie bar or the bottom of the fenders.Anyone experience this before?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the between the temperature and frame work you've been doing it affected it some??
Old 06-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Launching!

The temperature didn't affect it last year and I haven't done anything to the frame.The SFCs were there when I bought it and it wasn't in an accident.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Timonator
The temperature didn't affect it last year and I haven't done anything to the frame.The SFCs were there when I bought it and it wasn't in an accident.
By frame I mean with you messing with the SFC's (since its connected to the chassis/frame). I really don't know man...pretty interesting if you can find out the problem as others may run into this or already are.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know there is some problems with the outer door skin peeling away from the door shell. had to fix it on a T/A at work before, wouldn't explain the fender to hood gaps though. also a bodyman.