Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's & ORY question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT's & ORY question...

Im looking into getting myself some Hooker Longtubes & ORY, either here in July or sometime in August.

Ive got Magnaflow SPUN Cats right now, so what im wondering is this. If i get the LT's & ORY, am i able to slap on the cats to this??? Im thinking of possibly just getting the cat's gut out and having them there for appearance and to help pass inspections. Im just wondering if i can do this or not. I know there's Catted Y's out there, but no point in buying that when i just got the new Magnaflow's installed.

Also, what else do i need to buy??? O2 Extensions, O2 Sims & what else. I know, the best thing is to tune out the rear O2's. So no codes will be thrown. Is that all i need or am i missing something??
Old 06-28-2008, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can have your Magnaflow cats welded into your new Y-pipe...any exhaust shop will you it. Good luck finding O2 Sims..they are illegal to sell now so most people don't have them.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the rear sensor codes..it won't cause any negative effects, just an annoying light.

O2 extensions are definitely a good choice. I've manually extended the wires before and sometimes it works...so just invest in the real extensions.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Ok thanks, yeaa think ill just wait untill i get a tune to remove the SES light.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

i just recently bought 02 sims and the are still available from ws6store.com