Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot August Nights!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hot August Nights!

Sure would be great to meet some forum members up in Reno in August.

http://www.hotaugustnights.net/

We have had forum get togthers at the A&W in the past, would be great to do so again. We'll be there Tuesday through Sunday morning this year

Pat
Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Pat.. you can count on me again.. I will be there Wed thru Friday... didn't we meet on Thursday last year ..? That will work for me again..

Anyone else in !
Old 06-29-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

We are going to do the Poker Run on Thursday again, we were able to work our get together in with that last year, should be able to do it again, though it seems the Poker run is even longer 110 miles going to Carson CIty and South Lake Tahoe.

Pat
Old 06-29-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Pat...

Let us know what day and time will work for you..
Old 06-29-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Let's see who else is going and what works for other folks too. I'm hoping to see a couple of those LS7 cars that were so close last year

Pat
Old 06-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Needs to finish car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in again this time the LS7 Camaro will be there. We still have to iron a few kinks out, yet, but it's tantalizingly close to be 100% right now.

The biggest hurdle is getting the A/C to work right, which is kind of important when it's 110* outside. The A/C on this car has been nothing but trouble from the beginning. We switched from a Classic Auto Air setup to a Vintage Air one about a month ago. Everything was great with it, held vacuum, pressure, until it was running, then it would blow r134a out of the vents. Right now, the evap is on its way back to VA in San Antonio to get checked out. However, at this point I think we'd drive at night if need be to get the thing up there even without A/C.

Other than the A/C there is just little stuff to fix now, like an exhaust rattle and the parking brake that broke due to low quality reproduction parts from OER. There seems to be something in common with all the aftermarket stuff that has broken or been low quality; all of it came in boxes with OER on it. The car runs and drives outstanding. It'll do triple digit speeds in a way that a 40 year old car shouldn't be able to. It's just very smooth, and it's fast. Probably 500+ rwhp and it will still plod along in 6th gear at 1100 rpm without complaining.

Anyway, we've planed a long trip leading up to HAN this year, we'll be driving to Reno via Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. We plan to have the car at the Car Craft Nationals there two weeks before the big HAN weekend. We'll be leaving here in 3 weeks, and we plan to drive the car the whole way. Over the whole trip we ought to put about 5000 mi on the car. By the time we get to Reno we'll probably be pretty tired of driving that car.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, talk about a great break in cruise! Somehow me thinks you won't be tired of it. If you are I will be happy to drive it around Reno for you. I'll even buy the gas! See you next month.

Pat
Old 07-06-2008, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there again....but without my car. Had a small fire in my shop earlier this year and the car sustained some damage. Fortunately the engine/trans were out of the car at the time but the paint was blistered and some other things were also damaged. The damage repair is almost finished but I don't think it will be ready by August. I'll be happy to drool over your cars and down a root beer or two with you again though
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Count me in again. Name the place and time. Thursday again would be great.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was there last year and i will be there this year for sure!!! Hot August Nights is crackin!!!! haha
Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anyone else joining us . ?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

How about Thursday around 2 in the afternoon at the A&W like the last couple years? That will be after the lunch crowd.

Pat
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah.. that works for me... Looking forward to catching up with some of you fellow LS1Tech'er
Old 07-22-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Would anyone be opposed to meeting closer to 1 p.m.? Myself and a buddy that would like to come again will have to do so on our lunch break. If not, we'll make it work somehow. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Needs to finish car

I'll be there. Right now I'm in the Twin Cities. Drove the Camaro over 1800 miles without even lifting the hood--amazing. The car has about 2600 miles on it now, and it's running perfectly. I look forward to seeing you guys in Reno.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Chris....
I most likely will be there around 1pm for lunch. Gotta have my A&W Root Beer Float !

So.. I'll be there if anyone else wants to be there @ 1pm..
Old 07-22-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chris, that's great news! And how long did it take to drive those 1600 miles with an LS7?

Boost we can shoot for 1 if that helps. Kate and I are doing the poker run, that's why I suggested 2, to make sure we were back in town, but we should be able to make by 1 if that is what folks prefer.

Pat
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Awesome. We normally take lunch at 12, so 2 would have been pushing it. 1 will be perfect. Hopefully another buddy of mine with a 71' Toyota FJ Cruiser with a 5.3/4l60e swap will come with us. See ya then.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, I've been thinking about going out to the street drags at Fernly on Friday or Saturday night after cruising. Anyone else interested? It's free for registered cars. I have been wanting to take my car to the track, just to get a number.

Pat
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Needs to finish car

The drags sound like they'll be a fun time this year. Looks like they finally have a full 1/4 to run on, as compared to when they ran at Stead. I'd like to run the car, but I don't think that'll happen without a helmet, which unfortunately is still in Phoenix. It's not the best track to run at, either if you want a nice number, since the altitude will slow you down. If you go, make sure you wear lon pants, as it's usually a requirement to drive on the track.

My Dad and I have decided to do the Poker Run this year, so maybe we ought to get together, Pat. We'll be at the Atlantis, which is the start IIRC. We'll have to go pretty quick to make the A&W on time, I'd imagine.

Right now, I'm still in Minneapolis. Tomorrow morning it's off to Omaha, NE and onto Reno. The plan is to get in Reno on Tuesday evening. You could say we had a pretty successful Car Craft Nationals up here in MN. We won the Long Distance Award for traveling the farthest to the show. The real highlight was the photoshoot for Car Craft, however. Not bad for the first time we showed the car.; look for us in a future issue.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the show in Reno, and here's a little tease from our shoot:

Quick Reply: Hot August Nights!