Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1/Elec Throttle-> Pause/miss?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS1/Elec Throttle-> Pause/miss?

I am having my engine do what seems to me like "die" for 1 second or so. It is becoming more frequent. It doesn't really seem like a miss.

It is a 2004 Corvette LS1 in a 56 Chevy. It has the electronic throttle, with a new TAC module, and new Foot Pedal. I am suspicious that it is something in this equipment because about a month ago, I had it run very rough during a short drive, then when I left from eating dinner later, when I fired it up, the engine idled quite fast, and did not respond to the pedal. I disconnected the harness from the pedal, and reconnected it, and it ran fine since.

Until this past week. On a 450 mile trip it was doing this mis type of thing.

I hooked up my ODB2 and there are no codes in the engine, and the things it checks were reading OK.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

First thing would be to check to verify that all of the terminals are clean and are snugly attached.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All the terminals....do you have specific ones in mind? When I think 'terminal', I think electrical connection, and there are a lot of those
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Roger,

Specifically, the gas pedal, the TAC module and the connection to the TB
Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. Will do. In fact disconnecting and re-connecting teh gas pedal was what fixed the prior problem.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's teh latest:

Sometimes at low idle, before starting to move, it will idle very rough, acting like it is flooding. Driving 30mph or so, it will stumble. Driving on the highway, it may act like a given cylindar is missing, other times it will act like I turned off the ign for just a second...not really like a mis.

As noted earlier, I have hooked an ODB scanner to it, and there are no codes. I have had it hooked up while driving, monitoring the sensors that it does monitor. All reads "OK".

Oh, and on the road driving home last weekend from a show, 4 times during the trip back, at 70mph, it backfired.

I have checked the wiring at teh MAF, foot pedal, and TB. All looks fine. I have disconnected and reconnected.

Do you think taking it to someone that has a full computer program that they may see anything...given no codes are coming up?

Any other thoughts?

--
Thanks for your time.
Roger

Quick Reply: LS1/Elec Throttle-> Pause/miss?