PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

efilive cos forced induction question

Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default efilive cos forced induction question

I have converted the car to speed density and have it running pretty good with the autove feature from 0-105 kpa. How are you guys tuning the the boost ve table? Are you redoing your ben factor map from 105-288 kpa and using auto ve? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Right now I am not running into boost with the car. I have followed the custom operating system tutorial and set up the boost ve table. Everything seems fine. No mils or anything. The car idles good and runs good it just needs a little more tweaking for the daily driving. Now I am looking to get the boosted section right.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DLong
I have converted the car to speed density and have it running pretty good with the autove feature from 0-105 kpa. How are you guys tuning the the boost ve table? Are you redoing your ben factor map from 105-288 kpa and using auto ve? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Right now I am not running into boost with the car. I have followed the custom operating system tutorial and set up the boost ve table. Everything seems fine. No mils or anything. The car idles good and runs good it just needs a little more tweaking for the daily driving. Now I am looking to get the boosted section right.
Make yourself a Boost VE MAP and do the boost VE table just like you did the Auto VE, and do you already have a 2 or 3 bar map sensor installed?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the quick response. I thought I might have to do a boost ve table I just wasn't sure. Yes I already have a gm map sensor installed and I checked it with the ignition off to make sure it was reading correctly. It was dead on. If I am running methanol injection would you leave it off during the boost auto ve tuning and adjust for it later?
Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just extended my VE MAP out to 200 kPa and then cut and past only from 105 and up for autoVE of the boost table. I leave my meth on because I run it all the time anyway. It's gona command fuel off the B3647 table for boost (I don't use PE) so it should richen up to want you need for boost. Remember, Your tuning for commanded vs actual AFR whether it's 14.7 or 11.2. Just start with the VE table rich and trim it back till your getting close to 1 BEN's just like you did with the main VE table.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Hey KB.
Is it necessary to start the boosted copy/paste from 105 and up? Couldn't you just copy the entire table with copy w/labels and paste/multiply w/labels into the boosted and non-boosted VE tables?

Jeff
Old 06-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Well I created another ben map with the 105-258kpa and must have done something wrong. It would log in the 105 column anytime it was not in boost. I am going to try the cut and paste method kb suggested. I'm sure I just overlooked something simple. I'll keep trying.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lextech
Hey KB.
Is it necessary to start the boosted copy/paste from 105 and up? Couldn't you just copy the entire table with copy w/labels and paste/multiply w/labels into the boosted and non-boosted VE tables?

Jeff
I think you might have a problem with it telling you that the tables don't match with the values you have coped, but I have never tried it.

Originally Posted by DLong
Well I created another ben map with the 105-258kpa and must have done something wrong. It would log in the 105 column anytime it was not in boost. I am going to try the cut and paste method kb suggested. I'm sure I just overlooked something simple. I'll keep trying.
That's the problem with 2 tables, You would need to setup a filter to filter out the data below 105kPa or it all populates in the 105kPa column
Old 07-03-2008, 03:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You also need to ensure the 105 columb is the same in both the main VE table and the boost Ve table , prob best to just use what you came up with in main VE table for 105 map in the boost VE table as well and don't alter it when you do the boost VE auto VE.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Johnv I think you are right. I have been making my adjustments with the autove and just copying and pasting the mainve 105 column to the boosted ve 105 column. So far it has been working.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: efilive cos forced induction question