Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C6 Vararam installed with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Default C6 Vararam installed with pics.

C6 Vararam installed with not one single issue. I also added a ported TB, Diablo tuner and a thermostat. I need more money! I have some of the LS3 swap parts already but need the heads before I install them. Anyway, here are a few pics since we ALL love pics. Its noticably quicker with the mods ofcourse, but this thing is still way too slow. My Cobra would embarass this thing to no end but give me some time.

Before anybody says anything about the beauty covers, I hate them and they look like shEt and they are staying off. It looks "all business" with them removed.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tight work jason.

I dig the lack of the fuel rail covers. In my opinion, they hold heat,..and cover up what it is that we're soo interested and thrilled about,....the powerplant.

...and don't worry, you'll be making power in no time G.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Tight work jason.

I dig the lack of the fuel rail covers. In my opinion, they hold heat,..and cover up what it is that we're soo interested and thrilled about,....the powerplant.

...and don't worry, you'll be making power in no time G.
Thanks man, I have a feeling the rack has to come off to do the cam so I guess I will do the UD pulley and cam all at the same time so I dont need to pull the rack twice. I bet its a bitch too.

Hey youre right too, after about 20 minutes of driving, I could hardly even touch the covers they were so hot. The Diablo corrected all that though since I can adjust all the fan temps I desire. Now if they would just hurry up with the A6 tune! Lol.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:28 PM

What can be pulled to save ANY weight on these?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Thanks man, I have a feeling the rack has to come off to do the cam so I guess I will do the UD pulley and cam all at the same time so I dont need to pull the rack twice. I bet its a bitch too.

Hey youre right too, after about 20 minutes of driving, I could hardly even touch the covers they were so hot. The Diablo corrected all that though since I can adjust all the fan temps I desire. Now if they would just hurry up with the A6 tune! Lol.

Cams do kinda suck. I do it in the air, and I just remove the rack BOLTS, loosen the cradle, actually remove the four cradle bolts(obviously you need a poll jack or something secure enough to support the weight, I then loosen the two front bolts form the REAR cradle(trans/diff/etc).... This give me a enough room to prop a piece of wood in between the RACK, and the cradle. I just go right in the middle of them,. Some people, completely remove the rack, lines and all. I don't do that though.

Lemme know, i can let you borrow the pulley remover and installer for that car.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

What can be pulled to save ANY weight on these?
Good question. I'd lean towards not alot, unless you want added heat inside, and various little rattles and suck. Carpet, seats, etc can be removed. Other then that,...not a whole lot unless your talking radio and ****. Which is actually not hard to take apart.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before anybody says anything about the beauty covers, I hate them and they look like shEt and they are staying off. It looks "all business" with them removed.
Mine came off during the header install and are now in the basement. I don't understand the attraction of looking at a big piece of plastic in the engine bay. Show me the damn motor.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I saw they sell a cover to keep all the "cold air" in the engine bay. I need to find the website again.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sslateron
Hey I saw they sell a cover to keep all the "cold air" in the engine bay. I need to find the website again.
Are you thinking of covers that mostly seal off the airbox area so that if you use a K&N type intake that the car doesn't suck warm air?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Mine came off during the header install and are now in the basement. I don't understand the attraction of looking at a big piece of plastic in the engine bay. Show me the damn motor.

Amen
Old 07-04-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Noooooo this is a thing that seals the entire intake away from the engine. I have the link on my other computer. Send me a PM to remind me.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sslateron
Noooooo this is a thing that seals the entire intake away from the engine. I have the link on my other computer. Send me a PM to remind me.

What?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:49 AM
TECH Addict

see my previous posts on the vararam, be careful in th rain
Old 07-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

I have always thought the FRCs where a bit tacky. Mine hit the highway a long time ago.

Keith

Quick Reply: C6 Vararam installed with pics.