Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch disc..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Banging some gears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch disc..

does spec offer just a disc? my pressure plate is fine.. i bled my system out about a week or 2 ago and got some fluid inside the bell housing all over the disc(i guess havent looked yet but thats the only thing that makes any sense)and all it would do is slip. so i decided that it would prob just burn off or something so i just kept driving it not giving it hell to be sure i wouldn't burn it up. so it finally started grabbing like it always did so i figured everything was fine... took it to the track in memphis and sprayed the **** out of her... everything was good.. on the way home from the track it started slipping again like it had/has more fluid on it.. but later that night it quit again... went and did a little back road racing and she started slipping even worse then now it slips all time...

anyone ever had this happen..

so i just want to replace the disc cause i think its just soaked with fluid... this sound right to anyone?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to get a pressure plate anyway. All that slipping likely put some nice hot spots/wear on the pressure plate surface.