Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dbw not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default dbw not working

Anybody have any ideas why the dbw set up is not working on our 87 monte with a 2003 6.0. The pcm is dbw we have the pedal assembly and the dbw module. car will start and idle. but no throttle movement. just looking for troubleshooting ideas.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whenever there is no throttle movement, codes are set. You need to read the codes to get an idea of where the problem is.

It could be wrong/bad pedal, wrong/bad TAC module, wrong pedal-to-module harness, bad throttle body, broken wire, etc.

Are all the parts from the same vehicle?

I've seen people piece these systems together from Ebay to save money, and spend months trying to figure out they had the wrong combination of parts.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com
Old 07-01-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speartech
Whenever there is no throttle movement, codes are set. You need to read the codes to get an idea of where the problem is.

It could be wrong/bad pedal, wrong/bad TAC module, wrong pedal-to-module harness, bad throttle body, broken wire, etc.

Are all the parts from the same vehicle?

I've seen people piece these systems together from Ebay to save money, and spend months trying to figure out they had the wrong combination of parts.
Hey, thanks for the help. I checked it out today. Heres what i noticed. First the battery was dead. so after charging the batt. It started right up. It ran, and the throttle worked. I shut it off. checked some things out. Started it again. Every thing worked. This time I let it run till it died. I then started it again but this time the throttle did not work. But the check engine light was on now.
So if the engine stalls out and dies causing a code it will disable the throttle?