Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

What the hell is wrong with people

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What the hell is wrong with people

Ok, I guess this is why I don't watch the news, but I wanted to see what one of the news channels had to say about the Texas man who shot the two guys robbing.

Anyway, two seperate stories which make me hate everyone in the world.

First, the story about the guy that was run over by a car in Hartford, CT. People just watched, no one stopped to help him, eventually a few guys went out and looked at him. Seriously, at least 5+ cars had to have gone by and there was plenty of people on the street. Yet, no one helps? CT guys, anymore info on this story? They did not say much on the news.

Second, woman in a hospital or clinic or something collapsed in a waiting room. She was just laying on the ground, looked like she was struggling at some point. Several people come in and out of the waiting room and no one helps. Security guards come in and watch the tv!!! Finally, after an hour, someone helped this woman, but of course she was already dead.

People are so stupid and selfish. I know its easy to sit here and say this, but I know for a fact I would help someone in one of these situations.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Launching!

You hit the nail on the head...people are very selfish and lazy....They feel they cant be bothered by other peoples problems and ignore it. I see it everyday in my line of work.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
You hit the nail on the head...people are very selfish and lazy....They feel they cant be bothered by other peoples problems and ignore it. I see it everyday in my line of work.
So very true...It is very rare that someone will go out of their way to lend a hand even if its with something as little as helping change a tire, although today you should always think before you stop, I cant believe that people just turned their head and acted as if nothing ever happened in those situations. What makes me even more sick is all the senseless violence that seems to be on the rise, it has forced me to carry my pistol everyday regardless of where I go
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Launching!

I think in todays world we only worry about ourselves because society has made the "good citizen" a thing of the past. People no longer say thank you if you hold a door, or if you stop to help someone broke down they look at your like your a rapist or murderer. Its BS. Plus the fact that alot of people are afraid of that slum bag lawyer thats waiting around the corner to jump on a helpful person for adding to the victims issues.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

At the risk of sounding like a fundamentalist, I think that's what happens as a country when you start pulling God out of everything.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
Ya. What makes me mad is, they did not keep walking or going about their business. They just stopped and starred, horrible.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSCam99
At the risk of sounding like a fundamentalist, I think that's what happens as a country when you start pulling God out of everything.
I agree. How do you honestly expect a nation to continue to flurish, when you remove the foundation that it was made on?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SupermanSS
I think in todays world we only worry about ourselves because society has made the "good citizen" a thing of the past. People no longer say thank you if you hold a door, or if you stop to help someone broke down they look at your like your a rapist or murderer. Its BS. Plus the fact that alot of people are afraid of that slum bag lawyer thats waiting around the corner to jump on a helpful person for adding to the victims issues.
i moved from boston to dallas, tx a few years ago, and its a totally different world down here. people always hold doors, random people talk to you in stores and stuff. people say 'yes sir, no sir', etc.

to be honest with you, it kinda creeped me out at first because i was so used to the way people are in boston.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
i moved from boston to dallas, tx a few years ago, and its a totally different world down here. people always hold doors, random people talk to you in stores and stuff. people say 'yes sir, no sir', etc.

to be honest with you, it kinda creeped me out at first because i was so used to the way people are in boston.
Welcome to the south brother. I MISS IT SO DAMN BAD! I lived near and in Nashville for almost 8 years and man being back here in Delaware the last 4 SUCKS ***! No one respects each other, I play semi-pro football and playing up in Philly holy christ its like a different world...brother love my left foot.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
I agree. How do you honestly expect a nation to continue to flurish, when you remove the foundation that it was made on?
Perfectly said.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

To the OP, dont google "kitty genovese" then, you will lose all faith.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya. People are just lame. It really annoyed me how people got all upset about Joe Horn and when he killed those two illegal immigrants robbing his neighbor. What would have happened? They maybe would have detained them and then deported them? They would have most likely found their way back or they could have sat in a American prison which would probably have been better than what they left behind in south america.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:01 PM
9 Second Club

The other day I was driving and this poor fat kid was on the side of the road, and someone tried to steal his front tire, so they took of the lugs, but couldnt get it off cuz obbiously they didnt have a jack.... retard's, anyway this kid starts driving and his tire falls off and gets jammed in the wheel well. I was driving up and watched pply ride there bikes by and walk by, no one really cared... So i stopped and was like dam bro what happened do you need help?.... Not a single other person thought of even helping... Pretty beat if you ask me.... But thats just the world we live in today..
Old 07-04-2008, 03:55 PM
10 second playa

No risk. People just don't like to hear the truth.

Does "Love thine neighbor like thyself" ring a bell?

Probably not for most people. That is a shame.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
----x2
Old 07-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Default true true

i agree its no longer "one nation under God" its become "one nation with a bunch of selfish mother *uckers"

but i think people are also hesetent to help because of law suits i mean yo can get sued for everything these days i know i went to get CPR certified and i have to carry a card around that gives me permission to give CPR and protects me form some one or someone familly from sueing me if i give CPR or if i give CPR and it doesn't help them or it was to late.... i mean seriously who whould sue someone for helping them... i'll tell you what though when i found out about that it made me hesitate one time when i actually had to give some one CPR that passed out by the lake i was affraid if i failed i would get sued by thir family...

but ya'll are right, people have become too self centered to help other people.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Launching!

another thing to think about is car alarms, when you hear one go off nobody runs out to see if there is something wrong most people are pissed of its even going off and can't wait for it to be shut off cause its disturbing them while watching tv....

they should just make one that screams "FREE WEED" or "FREE BEER" with and ice cream truck tune... i bet people are more likely to get up and out then...
Old 07-06-2008, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

I don't think it has anything to do with religion(or lack thereof), it's just people being selfish ******.

Then again in today's day and age if you try to help someone you can get sued for hurting them while trying to help. Right or wrong that's what happens sometimes.