Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Guys, HELP!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Guys, HELP!

Heres the scoop... Ive just gotten an LS1 today (my first) and dont really know about the "specifics" of the LS engines. So I have plenty of money to spend on this engine seeing ive saved for a while.... its going to be a carb conversion and of course stroked and heads will be ported. its an (iron block) though... out of a truck.

Please fill me in with some basics and to do's of this engine

***and if you had a lot of money, and a LS1, what would you guys do to it (a dream engine) no forced induction or spray tho. like what stroke, bore, cam, int. stuff would you guys do. it is going to be solid roller, and ide like to be around 600-700 hp.

Thanks alot guys

tubular k member

rear

roll cage seats tires wheels harness crate engine springs struts

LT1 sold... Crate engine traded for LS1

Last edited by MaddMan97; 07-02-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: trying to add pics
Old 07-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**by the way ive already built my car for the stress. Im broke now. lol momy n daddy ddnt pay for my stuff...its a complete race car now basicaly. I welded my 9" and the roll cage, ive put in spohn tubular everything, drag susp setup wt air bags. its ready, just needs a heartbeat. just wanted to throw that in there. im new and i didnt want to throw you guys the wrong impression. i know what im doing, but not when it comes to LS1. Ive mostly been a 1st gen and LT1 guy growin up.

Search this Thread