Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

supercharged map sensor question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default supercharged map sensor question?

I'm going to be going with a 6psi supercharged setup going in soon. If I go with a 2 bar map sensor do I need to change to a speed density setup? Do I need to get rid of the maf sensor? also were do I find a 2 bar map that will fit in Place of the 1 bar map sensor at the back of the manifold? All of the ones I've seen seem to be to big or the connection is in orientation that i don't think will fit on the back of the manifold. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will not need to get rid of the MAF sensor , nor need to buy a 2 bar map sensor.

you will be on the outer edge of running out of Mass air flow readings, WHICH you can then rely on Power enrichment mode to take over your fueling

when the MAF sensor exceeds 512g/s of flow, the computer **can be set** will switch to the 02s and relate your AFR to PE mode (power enrichment) and just use PE mode as your AFR.

where are you located and how far are you above sea level? depending on where you are in relation to sea level, typically anything ABOVE 7psi will start to or will be maxing out the MAF

your tuner or you (if you are tuning) should know about Power enrichment and you will not need to go SD mode. Just use PE