Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Jersey Guys Long Tubes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jersey Guys Long Tubes?

Thinking about buying long tubes only problem is ORY. The issue is a inspection sticker. Any advice or ways you went about long tubes and a inspection sticker would be helpful
Old 07-03-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i have cats and i passed. i recommend having them to avoid problems like this unless you have a hookup.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

They look for cats and plug into the obd port. As long as you don't come in loud as **** then u should be fine.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04blowngoat
They look for cats and plug into the obd port. As long as you don't come in loud as **** then u should be fine.
This is good advice....get the cats and make sure the computer isn't throwing codes and you'll sail right through.

Chris
Old 07-03-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

just get a catted y pipe. and make sure youre not throwing any codes. Where in monmouth county are you?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04blowngoat
I am pretty sure they don't look for cats anymore. At least they didn't for me last time I went. They just check the computer.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stockerws6
I am pretty sure they don't look for cats anymore. At least they didn't for me last time I went. They just check the computer.
NJ state facilities are so hit and miss. Baker's Basin Facility on Rt.1 in Lawrenceville, they look with the mirrors. I took my car through there when I first bought it and had no problems (even with an electric cutout installed). Last year I went through Route 38 in Lumberton (Burlington County) and they were all over the car with mirrors, on their knees looking etc. (cut out is gone replaced with blockoff plate) (my cats are ummm missing the internal components) and I still passed, but they were scratching their heads. I got out of there as fast as I could. By the time my next inspection is due I'll have new cats on the car.

Not worth the hassle, get the cats and don't gut them.

It probably depends on how loud the car is, the louder you are the closer they are going to look. And as stated above, make sure there are no codes.

Chris
Old 07-04-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

though im probably legal. (can you fail for LTs?, LOL) i took mine to a private facility. i dont need some gungho ahole telling me i need to put my stock manifolds back on. well worth $70 not to deal with those idiots.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
though im probably legal. (can you fail for LTs?, LOL) i took mine to a private facility. i dont need some gungho ahole telling me i need to put my stock manifolds back on. well worth $70 not to deal with those idiots.
I highly doubt they are going to know the difference between LT's and stock manifolds.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stockerws6
I highly doubt they are going to know the difference between LT's and stock manifolds.

probably not but ive seen a few employees there with hooked up cars and its a chance id rather not take.
i havent heard of anyone failing for them yet but you never know when nj all of a sudden gets a hardon and starts tellling them to look for ****.

i have my sticker so no worries here.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

i Run ory and i would just get my car inspected then do all the mods, and in 2 years, just pay whetever it is for a sticker, in the long run even if it costs 250 for a sticker... who really cares...
Old 07-04-2008, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the insight guys. I am going to go with a catted y the less hassle the better. Now comes the decision of which header to chose. Thank god for the search button up top. I'm located in Eatontown right down the road from Ft. Monmouth. Getting the trans fixed soon, so two weeks or so anyone down for a cruise let me know.