Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchasing a Nitrous Kit... need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Purchasing a Nitrous Kit... need some opinions

I think its time to bite the bullet and go with some spray on my car. I want to go with a wet plate kit and the MAX i would spray would be a 100 shot. My friend has a HSW kit on his SS and i like the setup he has... but i am open to suggestions on this. (chris if you see this shhh, i have to suprise a few ppl ) Basically what i am asking for here is some opinions/insights on kits that would be best for me and a laundry list for the best/safest operation (safety accessories etc) Thanks guys.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't go wrong with any of our sponsors but I went the way of HSW because they had a hell of a sale at the time that I purchased. They answered non stop questions from me without hesitation also.

BTW what springs are you running on your car? I like the pic in your sig, it has a mean rake!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

QA1 drag springs W/ Qa1 adj shocks
Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

There are tons of different options out there. Our plate systems are probley our most popluar seller due to the fact there is not another plate system on the market that can compare.

Spend some time to compare apples to apples with our prodducts and others on the market. We would be happy to help you pick out something that works best for your needs.

Check out our current specials.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/948205-4th-july-free-bottle-heater.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/946421-killer-4th-july-deals-part-1-a.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/934999-nitrous-outlet-summer-time-specials.html
Old 07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porksoda
Can't go wrong with any of our sponsors but I went the way of HSW because they had a hell of a sale at the time that I purchased. They answered non stop questions from me without hesitation also.
+1. I like my HSW kit, but I would recommend any of the sponsors.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Im going with the NO Plate system here shortly. Bottle heater, bottle opener, window switch, FPS switch, and one of those neat little control centers for the center console. But I still think I need a purge system and a timing tuner. And a RPM activation system. Any insight on these parts for both me and the OP? Anyone?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jt76
chris if you see this shhh, i have to suprise a few ppl
my lips are sealed. Once I get my car back up and running I'll take you for a ride with the manly jets in so you can get the full effect.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2008, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Let me know if you have any questions about our kit or accessories. I will send you a PM on a list of suggested accessories. Your goals will be easily attainable using our sudden impact LSX nitrous plate kit and I think you will be extremely pleased with our industry leading unique 360* spray pattern LS1 plate. Please I encourage you to shop around, I think you'll notice that our prices are very competitive!!

Nick
Old 07-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Just installed my HSW dry plate system last month. I shopped around quite a bit. The HSW were HIGHLY recommended by some local guys I really trust. Quality products, good pricing, excellent support. Big thanks to Nick and Matt at HSW for helping me through the install (even helped me find a problem that I created myself). Also, these guys do not forget about you after the sale. I went with a Trick Perf window switch for my MN6. I'm pretty sure HSW is about to (if not already) release a combination Interface/Window Switch. Should be sweet!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

I'm laughing my azz off at Dave's post. This is exactly the same situation that he was bitching about several days ago. Someone mentions another vendor, but is open to suggestions. Typical Dave/NO post. Their's is the best, everyone else sucks. They can poach, but it's verboten for other vendors. You should rename this forum "Nitrous - But only for Dave's Nitrous Outlet".

If you are truly considering doing business with Dave, you would be well served to read through this thread; then decide if he's the kind of vendor with whom you would like to spend your money (read down to his lengthy post):

Dave's own words: "Mike, I am not going to argue with a little kid. Us grown up sponsors normally have what we call common curtisy. This is when we do not purposly go in a thread where a individual is either asking about another sponsors product or talking to another sponsor. They talk about this is the private sponsor section all the time. Its not something written in stone but there are ethics to working together. Certain actions normaly show a sign of desperate times or just maybe no respect for other sponsors."

I despise hypocrites.

Last edited by Noyzee; 07-09-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

jeez...not again. You will be happy with either kit, I went with HSWs Brute force kit. And LOVE the way it looks under the hood, specially when my friends thinks its a "hidden" kit and i pop the hood. +1 For HSW
Old 07-04-2008, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would just go with a single nozzle wet kit.
Get a window switch, purge, bottle heater, and plugs.

Any of the companies are good, but I like the dynotune stuff.
Great customer service and answered all my questions I asked on the phone.
Thumbs up to them!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

I think jt wants to go with a plate because it looks much nicer in there than a nozzle.

I run a timing tuner too. If you're still going to be making NA passes, I'd say definitely run one. It's got the built in window switch and a delay function. A bottle heater and purge are a must with the wet kit IMO. You already got a fuel system that'll be able to keep up, so you're good there. There's a few other accessories you could run if you feel like ponying up the cash, but not really necessary.