Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Y-Pipe Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Y-Pipe Options

I've got Pacesetter LTs with the TSP catted Y on my 02 z28. I really don't like the ground clearance on the driver's side. Or I should say, the LACK of clearance on the driver's side (less than 4")

The catted Jet Hot Y looks like a better design. Does it fit the Pacesetters? If so how's the fit, clearance and floorboard banging?

If it doesn't fit or give 5"+ of clearance*, what other options are there for a catted Y that fits Pacesetters? Is a custom setup really the only option for a high quality fit? Or is the underside of a 4th Gen just not designed for an OEM-quality Y-pipe fit?

*The car is not lowered.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i hear all y pipe will hit the drives floor board, unless you heat up the header and bend it.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Teching In

I remember reading posts about Pacesetters and everyone recommended poly motor mounts to keep them from hitting the floor board. I don't know what to do about ground clearance though. Just be glad you don't have SLP headers.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nc2k2z28
I've got Pacesetter LTs with the TSP catted Y on my 02 z28. I really don't like the ground clearance on the driver's side. Or I should say, the LACK of clearance on the driver's side (less than 4")

The catted Jet Hot Y looks like a better design. Does it fit the Pacesetters? If so how's the fit, clearance and floorboard banging?

If it doesn't fit or give 5"+ of clearance*, what other options are there for a catted Y that fits Pacesetters? Is a custom setup really the only option for a high quality fit? Or is the underside of a 4th Gen just not designed for an OEM-quality Y-pipe fit?

*The car is not lowered.
Since they designed the car without room for the exhaust and fitted a "flat" y pipe for clearance, you would need to do the same to retain factory clearance. I don't think there is one mass produced by the aftermarket that will give good clearance, especially on a lowered car. Another issue is the cats, I have seen a few custom jobs where it appears they shortened the driver's side header slightly and put the cat right off the header. The TSP has it farther downstream where it hurts ground clearance and bangs on the car. Honestly there isn't a good aftermarket option IMO, other than a custom if you can find someone to do a good job. I'm on my 3rd Y pipe and still not happy.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

I have the same problem with my custom y pipe that's at 3" w/ little clearance on my driverside. I think im just gonna try & see if the guy can flatten the driverside just a bit. To allow more ground clearance, im not lowered either.