Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch adjustment help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch adjustment help

I just installed a new ram powergrip clutch in my buddies LT1, and it's a real pain. The clutch literaly grabs immedeatly off the floor, and is extremely tough to shift between gears. How to I adjust the clutch to get it to grab higher? If its not that, what did we do wrong? Thanks in advance....
Old 07-04-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

How many miles on it so far? Every clutch I've ever done was like that at first. After putting some miles it will move up to where it should be.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

0 miles so far. I really dont think its normal, It feels like the clutch is not completely disengaging. And the clutch literaly grabs at an inch off the floor,
Old 07-04-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just picked up my car yesterday with a new clutch from Turbo Tech. It feels exactly like that as well. Grabs right off the floor and notchy as hell. Everyone says it will smooth out over the first thousand miles. Heck, I can barely even get it into reverse right now. I've heard a fluid change will help with smoothing things out as well. I'll give it 500 miles, then put fresh fluid in to flush away any shavings from break-in and see how it feels then.