Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

The worlds BEST Tuner!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The worlds BEST Tuner!!!!!

With gas prices setting record highs nearly every day, many Americans are being forced to trade in their performance cars and large trucks and SUVs due the high price of a fill up. But one Ohio man’s invention could be setting the stage for a V8 return.

Napoleon, Ohio’s Doug Pelmear claims that he has created a V8-powered 1987 Ford Mustang that develops 400 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque on E85, can accelerate from 0-60 in about three seconds – on its way to a top speed of 180 mph – and still returns an astonishing 110 mpg.

Although a 400 horsepower economy car sounds too good to be true, Toledo’s Rocket Ventures, a subsidiary of the Regional Growth Partnership, has verified Pelmear’s claim, according to OzarksFirst.com.

Pelmear has yet to reveal what’s exactly under the hood of his Mustang – as he’s still waiting on a few patents – but says his work is based off the work of his grandfather who developed fuel-saving techniques during the 1940s.

Pelmear has even entered his car into the Progressive Automotive X Prize, one of the world’s foremost green car competitions that challenges contestants to “design viable, clean and super-efficient cars that people want to buy.” If you ask us, the judges should just hand over the $10 million grand prize to Pelmear right now.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, i saw this.... i'd really like to know what modificaitons he's made... would also like to know how much the mods cost and why the auto manufacturers arent already using this technology.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
yes, i saw this.... i'd really like to know what modificaitons he's made... would also like to know how much the mods cost and why the auto manufacturers arent already using this technology.
Funny Thing- he's a Drag Racer!

http://www.HorsepowerSales.net

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Julie Myers June 5, 2008
Regional Growth Partnership
Phone: 419/252-2700

Rocket Ventures Revs its Engine with Horsepower Sales Sponsorship

Horse Power Sales.net Inc., a Napoleon-based company, has created a superior engine that is poised to revolutionize fuel efficiency and auto manufacturing as we know it. Rocket Ventures, a program of the Regional Growth Partnership, is pleased to announce its sponsorship of Horse Power Sales’ HP2g TEAM in the Progressive Automotive X PRIZE – a competition designed to inspire a new generation of viable, super fuel-efficient vehicles. The independent and technology-neutral competition is open to teams from around the world that can design and build production-capable, 100 MPGe (miles per gallon energy equivalent) vehicles that people will want to buy and that meet market needs for price, size, capability, safety and performance.

Through patented technology, Horse Power Sales.net Inc. president Doug Pelmear has discovered a way to allow a standard V8 engine to travel the energy equivalent of 110 mpg on E-85 (Ethanol Blend) fuel. The most striking feature of the HP2g engine is that it’s designed to run in SUV’s and larger family cars.

“As gas prices soar, consumer preference is shifting to cars that are fuel-efficient and buyers are choosing smaller more compact cars. I wanted to throw the concept that a fuel- efficient car has to be small out the window, so I specifically designed my engine for SUVs and larger vehicles,” said Pelmear.

On June 14, Hp2g will be put to a real-world test at the Milan Dragway in Milan, Michigan. Pelmear believes that the results will back-up his fuel-efficiency estimates and will position HP2g as a major contender for the X PRIZE.
“Northwest Ohio is replete with experts in advanced manufacturing and engineering, and Horse Power Sales.net Inc. is no exception. Rocket Ventures was tasked by the state of Ohio to help advance entrepreneurs with innovative technology. Doug certainly fits that mold and we are thrilled to support the Horse Power Sales’ HP2g TEAM. Everyone at Rocket Ventures is looking forward to seeing the results of the race on June 14, “said Dr. Todd Davies, Rocket Ventures business development manager.

About Rocket Ventures

Rocket Ventures, a division of the Regional Growth Partnership, is a pre-seed, early-stage venture fund for technology-based entities/companies operating within the state of Ohio. It consists of $15 million in state funding and $7.5 million in private sector investment.

About The Regional Growth Partnership

The Regional Growth Partnership is a private nonprofit development corporation dedicated to fostering local, national and international economic growth opportunities for Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Show me the money, as they say. If this is legit, great.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

http://video.nbc4.com/player/?id=271838
Old 07-05-2008, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

....and it's a notchback to boot!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:54 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It sounds great, but as they say, the proof is in the pudding and reproducability.