Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need help...Vette got egged

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help...Vette got egged

So some neighborhood ******* kids egged my Corvette the other night. I almost got away clean but there is a spot on the hood where the paint is all distorted. It looks like cracks and chips from the debree of the shells. The car has 10,000 miles on it and I really don't want to have to get it painted, from my experience its just never the same after that. If I found a perfect hood from an 04 in the same color do you guys think it would match? Money is not really a concern, I just want it perfect again and am not sure what the best route is. What do you guys think????
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on what color your car is red or yellow fair chance it wont match have you tried to have it sanded and buffed
Old 07-06-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

buy a gun first, then a car cover, then the hood
Old 07-06-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it would work. If both cars were pampered and washed, waxed and garaged kept it should be close if not a good match. Buy a bat too, and crack some knees caps. They want to play.... you can play too. Seek them out and beat them. Their little asses ain't worth as much as your Vette.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

It should match right up.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

depends on what color your car is red or yellow fair chance it wont match have you tried to have it sanded and buffed
Yeah, its Machine Silver so the metallic could be a problem. I am going to try to find one off another super clean 04 and see how it turns out, if I can't I guess I have no other option than to get it painted. I wish this was enough of an excuse to get a maggie....

Last edited by SSInnovations; 09-09-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when it happens wash it off with hot soapy water, yes the eggs leave chips and it has to be repainted
Old 07-08-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

dad always said , you can't have **** for a bunch of kids . sorry to hear about the car dude .
Old 07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

I'd try all the different swirl and haze removers first before I purchased a hood. Even factory sprayed cars vary slightly from one to another. Was the egg left on hte car in direct sun/ alot of heat or is what you're seeing where the shell made indentions into the paint? If it's still egg-stuff on there, the paint may peel back with it, egg has a hell of an adheasion property. I had a goob pop my old TA with an egg and what I got was a sort of spider-webby type design left indented into the paint,the solution was to use a swirl and hazed remover, buff it hard(don't burn through the paint) , then they make colored prewax reviving paste, buff that in and wax over. Couldn't tell it was ever hit, and black is a killer to do this on, you're lucky with silver.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Teching In

I had a sim prob. a few years ago to my wifes Trailblazer, and it's black so it shows everything. It had to been one of the hottest days in the summer for it to bake on all day while she was at work. I washed it with warm soapie water then while wet I used a clay bar. I would't call it 100% the best, but more like 98% and you really have to know where it is to even see it. Since it has been over a year and a few washes and waxes later I can't even find it anymore. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps?
Dan

Quick Reply: Need help...Vette got egged