Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS turbo Methonol kit info

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS turbo Methonol kit info

Hi, Father-son project over the winter. STS rear mount turbo kit with the ball bearing type, installed with complete EGR type internal coated headers, cat back exaust, 42 lb injectors, diffrent stronger fuel pump with the up-dated wireing harness. Not as easy as they say, but it's doable. Lotta wiring harness to install. Wide band. Electrical duel setting boost valve. Working with STS on the programer he bought for programming it. He buys a Methonol kit from STS. It has an on-off switch that was put in the glove box. 3 wire switch with an idiot light that lights when it's powered up. He took the wires off to install it & forgot where they go back on. Anyone here know the placement? Or a wiring diagram? 4th of July weekend, every ones home. The control box for it has a red light that isn't lighting up. Seemed pretty easy on instructions, supposed to tie into an injectors ground for the low volt reference, nother wire for key on only volts, ect. By the way, even without the Meth. Just the program from Diablo. Running 5lbs boost. Un-believiable from before & after power. Say what you want, but the STS rear mount turbo is a good system on drivability and power when you want it. Now trying to get the Meth kit working. Has anyone here installed a meth kit from them? Thanks for any help or info on what is the best to not mess it up. Dads, -> me. Learning it along with the son as we go. Trying to understand the full meth vrs a water meth mix & why. Dave

Last edited by locodave46; 07-05-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Hi, Figured it out, VHOM tracing all the wires. At the switch. Pin closest to the on light, is Black, green in the middle & lastly red. Dave
Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Hi. He took it for a ride. Very pleased, working now. Could someone here explain in simple terms. He's using straight methanol. I see that you can use a water mix. Why would you add water & the pros & cons. Dave
Old 07-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my friends has a 05 GTO with an STS kit @ 10psi with methanol. We put it on the dyno with a water/meth mix and then straight meth. I can't remember exact numbers but I do know that the straight methanol pull put up 30+ more HP.

Quick Reply: STS turbo Methonol kit info