Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injected LSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injected LSX

Well I have been teetering on the injection or carb question for some time now. Weighing the Pro's and Con's of each system and to be honest I have always wanted to use injection in an old car. I have looked into various fuel delivery setups for this project and was wondering what you guys are using in your conversion. I am using GM's LS-7 intake, injectors, fuel rails, etc., (ordered it last week). Does anyone have ideas of a "painless" or close to painless fuel supply system from tank to intake fuel line used on the LS-7 intake?

Thanks in advance.

RGJ
Old 07-05-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using EFI on my old Stude and love it. From the back, I have a Tanks Inc tank and fuel pump. Of course they do not have one for my Studebaker, had to adapt one from a 49-52 Chevy. Then the 99+ Corvette filter regulator. And finally 3/8 steel line to the front of the car where it connects to the stock 2000 LS1 ruel rail using a braided push on connector from a Corvettte. To connect from the fuel pump to the regulator I used rubber fuel injection hose and clamps, from the regulator to the hard line and the hardline to the Corvette braided line I modified a connector from Dorman. You can see more info and pictures at the journal link in my signature. I tried to keep is simple and not too expensive. Been working now for over 3 years and 8k miles without a problem.

www.tanksinc.com

Pat
Old 07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Pat, lots of good idea's on your build. It has answered several question for me. Tanks Inc doesn't make a tank for my car as well. Maybe I can adapt one like you did.

RGJ
Old 07-06-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone else have any other ideas for my new build? As the first post says I've decided to install an injected 447 inch LSX using All Pro heads and the LS-7 intake, TBW, etc. I'm looking for ideas on the fuel delivery system from the tank to the intake.

RGJ