Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

I test drove 2 cars today..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I test drove 2 cars today..

One was a 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro M6..The other was a 2006 GTO M6.. Copper with chrome wheels.. I just about **** myself when I started the SS.. There was no way that **** was stock..After I drove it,I looked under the car and I laughed.. GMMG,no mistaking that! Sounds incredible,never heard it in person anymore..It will be on the TA! The Camaro was fun to drive,it only had 24,000 on it..They wanted $22k for it..Yikes.. The GTO was ok. Felt more like a sedan with power than a sports car..The suspension was really good for long hauls and it was whisper quiet in the cabin..I Camaro impressed and the GTO did not.Both easier to drive than my brother's 05 Vette. This is coming from a 39 yr old not a 22 yr old. The GTO did nothing for me..It was fun to drive,but why spend 25K on that when you can get a Vette for 25K..? Just thought I would share my thoughts with you guys.. Let me know what you guys think about those cars,if you have driven them..
Old 07-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove lots of f-body's and a few vettes. Never drove a GTO although around this time last year I had decided to buy a fun car. I considered a GTO but then a Formula blew by me and I decided to look for a T/A. My 97 Formula came up and I went for that. I honestly couldn't get my head around that styling on the GTO, although I have lots of respect for them when I see them.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jedimaster71472
Drove lots of f-body's and a few vettes. Never drove a GTO although around this time last year I had decided to buy a fun car. I considered a GTO but then a Formula blew by me and I decided to look for a T/A. My 97 Formula came up and I went for that. I honestly couldn't get my head around that styling on the GTO, although I have lots of respect for them when I see them.
They are a sleeper car,but I can't do it either..Just kind of a slap in the face to the GTO heritage and I don't understand how GM designers would do something like that out of convenience..just stupid.. Even tho is has the same motor,I think my bro's 05 Vette feels faster. It was a nice car tho,very smooth.. I like the 35th Anniversary SS better,I still can't get over the sound of that GMMG exhaust..wow! I have to have that!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

the thing I love about the GTO's is that a human adult can actually sit behind you and both driver and rear passenger can be comfortable, but I agree on the outside they dont look to sporty, the interior is pretty nice though
Old 07-07-2008, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

never driven a C6 but i have driven the LS2 M6 GTO. i would love to have one as a DD. it may look a little bland and it probably shouldn't have been named a GTO, i thought the exhaust sounded great it was comfortable and it was even faster than my LS1 TA (when stock) but it just didn't have that same nasty personality the TA does. yeah your brothers C6 is a lot lighter than that goat.