Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with my suspension?...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with my suspension?...

Wats up fellas, Im goin to redoing my suspension on my trans am here pretty soon but not sure what to go with and i was wondering if anybody has any suggestions, please feel free.... I wana drop it a little or should i??
Thanx
Old 07-06-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What are you looking to improve upon? Handling, ride, launching? Be very specific.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What are you looking to improve upon? Handling, ride, launching? Be very specific.
x2

Also lowering a car is a give and take that only you can decide if it is right for you. The two big pro's to lowering your car are 1) Improved handeling 2) Style, some people prefer the look of a lowered ride. The biggest con to lowering your T/A would be ground clearance (If you only drop a little, it might not even be a problem). So think about the roads in your area. Are there alot of speed bumps? Does your driveway have a smooth transition to the street or is it a steep one? Also, if you are running true duals, or would like to later on in the future, ground clearance becomes a bigger issue.

Hope this gets you started. Once you figure out what exactly you are looking to improve, I would suggest that you use the search function and look up "Sam Strano". Sam is well known for being a suspension guru and sells some great parts.

Goodluck
Old 07-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Thanx guys, How r those strano springs?? I would like to improve in all of these areas but probaly first focus on improving my lauch... But its an automatic, would there be something different i would have to do because of this??
Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by super_ta
Thanx guys, How r those strano springs?? I would like to improve in all of these areas but probaly first focus on improving my lauch...
I have no complaints about the strano springs, they are great.
Search through the suspension section for a while, there are many many threads to read about things like this. When you have a very specific question, make a thread there.
But its an automatic, would there be something different i would have to do because of this??
Suspension wise, no.