Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Challenger lovers dream and nightmare all in one picture

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger lovers dream and nightmare all in one picture

I stopped on the side of I-80 to snap these shots from the Omaha Auto Auction, still trying to find someone with an auction pass to get in there!

The very unfortunate news is that every vehicle sitting in bay at Council Bluffs received significant
damage and will likely be bought back and sent t auction. The vehicle list includes (35) Dodge Challenger
SRT8s. The damage to these vehicles is not dentless paint repair. The damage is significant and includes
broken windshields and headlights. Most body panels will have to be replaced. Therefore these units will be
re-classified as "Act of God, major transportation damage" and will be sold at auction.

There is nothing that can be done to recover a unit bought back. The vehicles are now on "Hail Storm" hold
and awaiting Insurance Inspection and buy back. Obviously this is devastating news to those people waiting
for one of the 35 Dodge Challengers that were effected. There is no avenue to replace these units as the
production has been filled for the 2008 model year.

Please do not contact Sierra Mountain Express in Council Bluffs, to check the status of your vehicle. They are
scrambling to catch up with the situation and everything is on hold waiting inspection. You can see the status of
your vehicle in DealerConnect.

We apologize for this unfortunate situation.

DBC Distribution
You can go to the gallery for full resolution shots, but I think all the damage is on the other side of the cars. It has to be, I guess there was some pretty bad damage.

My Boss told me his is on the transporter, and will be there Saturday, but the ones hit by hail were hit so badly that chrysler couldnt re sell them, there was 90+ mph winds with golf ball to tennis ball hail, and they litterally shredded the cars like swiss cheese. Tore through the interior, the seats, dashes, and the door pannels were torn off one of them, thats how severe the damage was. They are gonna get the guts stripped outa them, and crushed. Im gonna talk with the transporter driver saturday, and check out his cell phone camera pixs."
Full gallery - http://www.1320video.com/gallery/TotaledChallengers

Old 07-06-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Veteran

BLACK FTMFW!! Dude this car would look badass murdered out
Old 07-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Hmmmmm where's A Dart or Demon that can put a 6.1 in?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

hhaaa hhaaaaaa
Old 07-06-2008, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Huh, One of my friends' best friend goes to that goes to the Omaha auction almost every week. I wonder if they will go back to that auction(the "good" ones), if so Im sure Ill hear about it.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont understand? All of those cars are damaged? How so? why? what happens to them there?
Old 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Launching!

I live in the area that got hit by this storm, it was no joke, 1-3" hail, 80-90MPH winds.

That's why I want to go INSIDE the lot to see the actual damage, I think it's on the drivers side. Because of the 80-90 MPH winds, the hail was going almost horizontal it was moving so fast. I think the cars might have been on a delivery train when it hit, which means there might have been something covering over head, but might have been open on the sides? Not sure.

There's also 35 of them, maybe these weren't that bad, but the bad ones were in the middle of the auction lot?

You can see the damage from the storm from around town here: http://www.1320video.com/gallery/winddamage?page=6
Old 07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

yea i was gonna say these don't look damaged at all. doesn't look like any of the windows are so much as cracked, let alone shattered on any of those cars. guessing the interiors must not be too bad.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn poor cars