Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help! Dealer/service trying to railroad me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Dealer/service trying to railroad me?

My dealer is trying to feed me tripe about the strange metallic noise when traction control engages as 'thats the traction control pump starting up'.

Traction control pump? Did I miss something in school? Or is the dealer lying to me?

The rearend was run dry once and was in for service at the same dealer at that time. Now they also claim 'whoever serviced the rearend last time overfilled it, thats why both axle tubes are wet from the inside to the middle and the lover half of the cover is drenched in fluid.'

I can imagine the cover being wet from overflow tube, but not from exactly the middle downwards and I see no way how the overflow tube can make both axle halves wet from the inside to the middle.

I think the dealer is too lazy to open the thing up and replace the gaskets and also afraid of what they will find, as it is a GMPP claim, and he is trying to make me pay the diagnose and not fix anything.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
Old 08-20-2003, 10:17 PM
wrencher

Default Re: Help! Dealer/service trying to railroad me?

Their not the only dealer you can go to....
I would go elsewhere.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Help! Dealer/service trying to railroad me?

I thought about that but they will try to charge me an arm and a leg for their botched diagnosis and I would like to avoid that.