Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Bad tune by jeff nance in tenn look inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad tune by jeff nance in tenn look inside

Went to jeff nance in near cleveland tn. His web site is www.speedengineeringanddyno.com. Went to for only a cold start problem with the car when it was cold only. car ran great other than that. I have a ls2 block pushed out too 402. With 225 heads, cam, fast intake, all forged bottom end and piston. Was getting 14 to 15 miles per gallon and 24 plus on highway befor going to him. Took the car he was to have it for 1 week, he ended up with it for 32 days car not fixed and the milage went to less than 8 in town and less than 12 on the highway. If that was bad here is the worse. I was told 400.00 for the tune and 150.00 per hr for the dyno and may take 2 hrs to do that. Car never got on the dyno so no cost their. When got the car he told me 1320.00 for what he had done to the car.if I wanted my car back. Had the wife with me wasnt going to get into it with him with her there. Told him to mail me diff and a receipt. After 3r4 phone calls him never doing doing. Went to vengeance racing. MIKE THERE HAD THE CAR FIXED WITH 7 ARE 8 DYNO PULLS AND CAR RUNS LIKE A DREAM NOW. GOT THE MILAGE BACK ON THE CAR AND ALL MADE 453 RWHP AND 451 RWTQ. I know i am new here but i see that this so call tuner is here also, JUST TO LET THE GUYS HERE SEE WHAT CAN OF GUY HE IS.. NEVER A CALL FROM HIM FOR THE INCREASE OF THE CHG ON THE CAR. I HAD A POST OVER IN CORVETTE FORUM. I GO UNDER SAME NAME THERE. LOOK THERE AT ALL THE GUYS AND CHGS HE HAS DID TO US GUYS THERE.....PLUS HE STILL WILL NOT GET ME A RECEIPT... MODS HOPE THIS IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE SINCE NEW HERE IF NOT PLEASE MOVE TO THE CORRECT PLACE AND LET IT STAY OPEN TO SEE WHAT HE IS LIKE ARE HAS NONE TO OTHERS....
Old 07-06-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by robert miller
Went to jeff nance in near cleveland tn. His web site is www.speedengineeringanddyno.com. Went to for only a cold start problem with the car when it was cold only. car ran great other than that. I have a ls2 block pushed out too 402. With 225 heads, cam, fast intake, all forged bottom end and piston. Was getting 14 to 15 miles per gallon and 24 plus on highway befor going to him. Took the car he was to have it for 1 week, he ended up with it for 32 days car not fixed and the milage went to less than 8 in town and less than 12 on the highway. If that was bad here is the worse. I was told 400.00 for the tune and 150.00 per hr for the dyno and may take 2 hrs to do that. Car never got on the dyno so no cost their. When got the car he told me 1320.00 for what he had done to the car.if I wanted my car back. Had the wife with me wasnt going to get into it with him with her there. Told him to mail me diff and a receipt. After 3r4 phone calls him never doing doing. Went to vengeance racing. MIKE THERE HAD THE CAR FIXED WITH 7 ARE 8 DYNO PULLS AND CAR RUNS LIKE A DREAM NOW. GOT THE MILAGE BACK ON THE CAR AND ALL MADE 453 RWHP AND 451 RWTQ. I know i am new here but i see that this so call tuner is here also, JUST TO LET THE GUYS HERE SEE WHAT CAN OF GUY HE IS.. NEVER A CALL FROM HIM FOR THE INCREASE OF THE CHG ON THE CAR. I HAD A POST OVER IN CORVETTE FORUM. I GO UNDER SAME NAME THERE. LOOK THERE AT ALL THE GUYS AND CHGS HE HAS DID TO US GUYS THERE.....PLUS HE STILL WILL NOT GET ME A RECEIPT... MODS HOPE THIS IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE SINCE NEW HERE IF NOT PLEASE MOVE TO THE CORRECT PLACE AND LET IT STAY OPEN TO SEE WHAT HE IS LIKE ARE HAS NONE TO OTHERS....
UFR..I have my own issues that I need to deal with, but noting like that !!
Pitt
Old 07-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is always important to find a good tuner. Usually word of mouth from others that have been to that person is best. Good or bad, they will tell you about it! You can not just go by what the person says, as the person can tell you anything to get you in and get your money. The first shop I used, the owner told me exactly what I want to hear and things ended up really bad. Also, always get an estimate for the tune. Unless you got a very complicated setup, most tunes should be straight forward and fall within $50 of the estimate. If there are problems, a good shop will give you a heads up rather than sticking you with a $1400 bill when you where expecting a $500 one.

Keith
Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1290
It is always important to find a good tuner. Usually word of mouth from others that have been to that person is best. Good or bad, they will tell you about it! You can not just go by what the person says, as the person can tell you anything to get you in and get your money. The first shop I used, the owner told me exactly what I want to hear and things ended up really bad. Also, always get an estimate for the tune. Unless you got a very complicated setup, most tunes should be straight forward and fall within $50 of the estimate. If there are problems, a good shop will give you a heads up rather than sticking you with a $1400 bill when you where expecting a $500 one.

Keith
Keith, know what you mean their. I just never been done like this by anyone. when I left it off to him it was 400.00 for the tune , then 150.00 per hr on dyno. And 1 week for that unless he got done with it befor. Said may need it that all cause of the cold start problem. is all that was wrong with the car. Told him to call me if something came up on the car are if he got done with it befor. after 1 week no call me calling and calling him the only time he would answer the cell was if he was sick and he did sound sick are if he was out of town. 32 day with this guy and this and would not and said no way getting me a receipt...
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

Robert,

Glad to be part of the solution sir!!!! Your tune was definately a hack job to say the least!!

Enjoy the new power and fuel economy sir
Old 07-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Robert,

Glad to be part of the solution sir!!!! Your tune was definately a hack job to say the least!!

Thanks man I really having a good time with the car now. wish someone would . on this jeff nance guy. I dont think he could tune nothing after having my car for 32 days. And it be in the cond it was in when I got it from him.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Good to hear that Vengeance has taken care of you

Keith
Old 07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Robert,

Great guys to work with, really knows about today LS motors and tuning.A HAD MY CAR FOR 32 DAYS AND MIKE HAD IT RUNNING GREAT IN LESS THAN 4 HOURS.....

Quick Reply: Bad tune by jeff nance in tenn look inside