Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

using Nano and Nitrous jetting

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default using Nano and Nitrous jetting

I was reading a post by another member who used the nano and had a back fire. So I'm starting this thread so that I don't hijack his. My question is does anyone have ANY information regarding what you should have for nitrous jetting when using Nano? I thought I read somewhere that you should reduce the nitrous by 20% to compensate for the Nano's push of the nitrous. Is this correct? Are any of the vendors who sells nitrous kits aware of this? Any info would be greatly helpful because I was planning on spraying the car this week.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

You can jet down on the nitrous side, or jet up on the fuel side.

Nano is pretty good about answering emails, as well you can call Chris or Ray at Nitrous Outlet for more info.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

I would start with a 20% smaller Jet and see where your A/F is. Might contact nano directly.

Last edited by MaxxMitchell; 07-07-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nano can give you a starting point for tunning. If you are running our products we can give you a starting point as well.
Dave
Old 07-07-2008, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to let you know what NANO suggested and what we think caused my high PSI spike/dramatic increase, witch im sure cause my lean/backfire.

When I filled my bottles (the N20 and the NANO) both of them were empty as could be. So, when I had the N20 bottle filled up 1st, the guys (people who were filling up the N20 bottle) called me back in the back and said "hey, its leaking out of the other bottle" (reffering to the NANO bottle).
So, after messing around with the NANO valving it quit leaking and they resumed the fill on the N20 and put the ~10lbs in. Then I had the NANO filled up to ~4300psi at a local dive shop so I was good to go.

Well, when I told Brett (I think thats his name) over at NANO what happened, he is certain that when the N20 was getting filled, it went up into the NANO bottle and damaged the regulator.... The check valve has to have some pressure on it to work, so being empty it went back into the NANO regulator.

How to prevent. He said from now on, just disconnect the NANO from the N20 bottle when refilling. That will prevent and N20 from going up in the regulator.

Hope this makes since.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

waterbug, thanks for the heads up. I'll be using my Nano for a small second shot in the fall. Going to see if I can improve my nitrous times by using a 100 shot with a lower on point then the 4k it's set at now. And then hit it with another 50 once the rpms come up. Thanks again for the info.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Just to let you know what NANO suggested and what we think caused my high PSI spike/dramatic increase, witch im sure cause my lean/backfire.

When I filled my bottles (the N20 and the NANO) both of them were empty as could be. So, when I had the N20 bottle filled up 1st, the guys (people who were filling up the N20 bottle) called me back in the back and said "hey, its leaking out of the other bottle" (reffering to the NANO bottle).
So, after messing around with the NANO valving it quit leaking and they resumed the fill on the N20 and put the ~10lbs in. Then I had the NANO filled up to ~4300psi at a local dive shop so I was good to go.

Well, when I told Brett (I think thats his name) over at NANO what happened, he is certain that when the N20 was getting filled, it went up into the NANO bottle and damaged the regulator.... The check valve has to have some pressure on it to work, so being empty it went back into the NANO regulator.

How to prevent. He said from now on, just disconnect the NANO from the N20 bottle when refilling. That will prevent and N20 from going up in the regulator.

Hope this makes since.
Atfisrt I was having a hard time understanding how the check valve would let nitrous out of the bottle. But I guess if the bottle is empty and there was no pressure the check valve could have been hung open until the pressure built up to shut it.

So I guess you were takingthe entire assembly out of your car to refill the bottle instead of just the nitrous bottle?
Dave
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Good to know Procedure for filling bottles at my place will be NANO detached to prevent the damage to the reg.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh ok that's is great info. So I will just have the N20 filled up on its on and of course I will have the Nano filled up on its own. THanks for all the replies.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Atfisrt I was having a hard time understanding how the check valve would let nitrous out of the bottle. But I guess if the bottle is empty and there was no pressure the check valve could have been hung open until the pressure built up to shut it.

So I guess you were takingthe entire assembly out of your car to refill the bottle instead of just the nitrous bottle?
Dave
Yea.. both bottles are attached and sit in the spare tire area.

So, when I get it filled they both come out of the car and I DONT seperate them. I take both bottles to fill up either one. As the NANO guys said, just unscrew the black nut (it screws into the check valve)from the N20 bottle to prevent the little surge until the check valve is able to close.

hope all this helps everyone.