Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock LQ9 bottom end, how much juice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock LQ9 bottom end, how much juice?

Well lets say it has ARP rod bolts too. With a spot on tune, how much nitrous can the bottom end handle?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

You see people running a 200 shot on their LS1s without rod bolts and they last if you minimize detonation. Do the same thing and your LQ9 will be fine as long as you do it right. You can spray a 150 all day on it. Build it right though!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
You see people running a 200 shot on their LS1s without rod bolts and they last if you minimize detonation. Do the same thing and your LQ9 will be fine as long as you do it right. You can spray a 150 all day on it. Build it right though!
I am shooting for budget speed. You know what they say, fast, reliable, cheap. Pick two. I am picking fast and cheap. Car will have L92 heads and a tsp cam. It will be a carbed motor with a spot on tune. My goal is a constant 200 shot. MAYBE a 250 if I am feeling frisky, but I doubt it. All I really want to do to the bottom end first season dubbed "cheap season" is rod bolts. If it can make it the season I will be extremely excited and build a 408 out of it come winter. If it blows I'll frown and wait for the winter funds to roll around to build it into a 408 anyways lol. I hope to be finishing up odds and ends on the car by january.

Quick Reply: Stock LQ9 bottom end, how much juice?