General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

BCM Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BCM Issues

Like a few other people here I have been troubleshooting my BCM issues for the last 4 months or so now and I think i may have found what the problem is. This all started when i would drive my SS and the radio,windows, pwr. antenna and locks would all stop working from time to time. I was thinking this whole time my wiring somewhere was loose and really to the best of my ability checked each one with no luck finding such thing. It really was not until late last week when a friend of mine hooked up a spare BCM in my car and we found out all symptons were imediately resolved, however those familiar with the VATS know the car will not start with another persons BCM and therefore I had to hook my old BCM back up. Well the last few days I unpluged the BCM again from my car and carefully took a long look at the circuit board and came across this tonight.

If you looke close at the picture you will see I circled the two relays with the yellow dots on top of them. Well those yellow dots for the last few days are exactly what i thought they were(yellow dots) however tonight upon further inspections i now believe its corrison and more than likely the source of my problems. So my next question is can you purchase these relays seperatly? They have manufactor name and number on them and they read....

Aromat
JSM1E-12V-5-H15
Thailand

If possible I would rather attempt to repair this board by changing the relays rather than spend the $200 on a new BCM so any help is appreciated.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Why corrison only on these two and not on the other two? Never thought corrison could appear in yellow. Maybe you could verify with the other BCM unit that it is not yellow mark?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vikingramair
Why corrison only on these two and not on the other two? Never thought corrison could appear in yellow. Maybe you could verify with the other BCM unit that it is not yellow mark?

Yep found out tonight you are right, the other unit had similar markings on it. Must be some kind of inspection checkoff or something when the boards were completed. Either way its back to step one. Tonight I spent a good amount of time cleaning the contacts on the back of the BCM so well give that a try and see if that helps out at all?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a link to a guy on a Corvette forum that did a similar repair on a module.The part was 1.78 and he gives a link to supplier:http://www.ronjpics.com/Corvettestuff.htm#DCM

Quick Reply: BCM Issues