Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air/HEat only blows floor/defrost after offroad header install / EGR AIR removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/HEat only blows floor/defrost after offroad header install / EGR AIR removal

I recently pulled my motor and replaced with another with a cam bolt ons etc etc. When I installed the race headers and ls6 intake I obviously had to remove EGR and AIR systems. The AIR System had a black hose running along the driver side with a fitting on it, with the black fittings in the picture below attached to it. I am suspiscous this may be the culprit as I have posted this one before but nobody could help me... after todays 92* weather I am asking again, I KNOW someone has had this who has done a header/intake swap and its honestly the only question someone on here couldnt figure out Ive ever asked. ANYONE know the fix to this? Again only through defrost vents and feet at the same time, no matter what vent setting you put it on with the hvac controls. It blows cold air through them with the AC on and hot with the heat, so i know my actual AC system is functioning.

Sorry apparently this forum wont let me post the picture?? I will try and resize, its a small black fitting with a right angle, look slike an old school spark plug wire but 1/4th the size. the black plastic fitting they attached to was on drivers side near firewall.

Vehicle 2000 A4 Z28 fully loaded. Mods in Sig
Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a vacuum line that goes to the back of the intake manifold right next to the MAP sensor.....you either didn't plug that line back in or pinched it off somewhere. Common "whoops" on intake swaps, I did it.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

I don't think the AC problem has anything to do with your motor swap and EGR/AIR removal.

Did you try pulling your AC fan out from under the glove box and inspecting it?

EDIT: Apparently I don't know WTF I'm talking about LOL.

Last edited by MikeG; 07-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only blowing out the floor/defrost is the default setting - definitely a vacuum line.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Launching!

K so thats for sure the vaccum line that controls the vents switchin etc etc? It definitely seems a vaccum issue i only got the idea of that connector bc last time i posted somene suggested that but never replied with how to fix i Anyone else have a guess to wager before I get to rip into it

lol getting to the back of the intake manifold is super fun! was much easier with no motor

btw mike g 12.49???? thats running good as hell I havent gotten to run mine yet I have no idea what to expect with my mods on street tires
Old 07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MemphisZ28
btw mike g 12.49???? thats running good as hell I havent gotten to run mine yet I have no idea what to expect with my mods on street tires
Street tires are gonna hurt ya for sure. Buy some DR's.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:37 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the "T" where the vaccum lines come together on the passenger side of the motor.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah right by the pcm. it is a black thing with 3 vaccum lines.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Ok im gonna go check that out how do i know which one goes on which spot? Also theres 2 little fittings on the driver side with nothing to connect to know that the AIR is gone, im guessing those arent related? I also found something not connected thats liek a tube with a long plastic end that fits perfect into those rubber fittings, the problem is i cant see anything on the back of the intake, if anyone has a pic that would be great.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Launching!

there was a line coming from driver side and passenger, both hooked into the vaccuum hookups on the back of the intake. once i had both hooked up, problem solved!! thanks guys!!