Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Timing question

I'am sure this topic has been covered but this is for my own piece of mind.

My car consists of a TSP/Texas-Speed forged 347 (see sig), I spray a wet/78mm Nitrous Outlet's plate kits 150 shot.

Now how much should I retard my timing, I think the lenght or extent I have to go to is going or most likely will hurt my power on the motor/NA in order to be safe. I want to be overkill safe; almost.

I think 22 degree's of timing will be safe for the motor, how much should I retard mine for spray? Or is this fine?

My Air to Fuel ratio has a table top/ horizontal line, I know this doesn't really make that much of a difference. 11.5-11.7 A/F

I've been told so many different things from tuners.

What are you all running?

Again if your going to just post SEARCH, dont waste your time. This is for my own piece of mind.

Thank you.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexLs1
I'am sure this topic has been covered but this is for my own piece of mind.

My car consists of a TSP/Texas-Speed forged 347 (see sig), I spray a wet/78mm Nitrous Outlet's plate kits 150 shot.

Now how much should I retard my timing, I think the lenght or extent I have to go to is going or most likely will hurt my power on the motor/NA in order to be safe. I want to be overkill safe; almost.

I think 22 degree's of timing will be safe for the motor, how much should I retard mine for spray? Or is this fine?

My Air to Fuel ratio has a table top/ horizontal line, I know this doesn't really make that much of a difference. 11.5-11.7 A/F

I've been told so many different things from tuners.

What are you all running?

Again if your going to just post SEARCH, dont waste your time. This is for my own piece of mind.

Thank you.
Alex, what's the compression ratio of the motor? With my stock cube/stock compression motor with just a cam I ran 28 degrees of timing on motor and didn't change it for a 100 shot and went 10.4's @ 129 on 93 octane. With my motor now with 12:1 compression i'm running 26 degrees of timing on motor on 93 and I haven't sprayed it yet, so I can't tell you what kind of timing I run on it on spray. But I would definately say to bump that timing way up on motor, 22 is pretty low, at least go to 26 - 27 and then stay there for a 150 if it's stock compression. If ur around 11:1, I would run around 24 - 25 on a 150, these are pretty safe numbers. And why is ur a/f on motor 11.5 - 11.7, that is way too rich! I would set it to 12.7 - 12.9 and when you spray, then you can get it to fatten up from the kit either by fuel jet in a wet kit or angle of spray to the maf on a dry kit.