Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How do you remove Camaro head unit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you remove Camaro head unit?

Ive installed a new head unit in my TA before, and it was just a matter of popping off the bezel, and then removing the 3 screws. I am going to do an install for a buddy of mine in his SS. Is it the same? Is there anything I need to know before removing it? Thanks.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It's almost the same except that the bezel is larger and has the ASR and foglight switches mounted in it. So you'll pop off the bezel and then disconnect the switch connectors before removing the head unit screws. Oh, and I think Camaros only have two screws (rather than three) holding the head unit.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
It's almost the same except that the bezel is larger and has the ASR and foglight switches mounted in it. So you'll pop off the bezel and then disconnect the switch connectors before removing the head unit screws. Oh, and I think Camaros only have two screws (rather than three) holding the head unit.
Yup. Pretty easy to do
Old 07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Thank you very much sir.