Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tbss 6.0 any issues with swap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tbss 6.0 any issues with swap?

would a tbss 6.0 with harness and computer pose and issues doing a swap?

and what would i do about the drive by wire
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 AM

i have the same thing or problem --- 6.0 out of a 2003 silverado that is drive by wire , no trans but it used 4l80 2wd. now i have red in this conv.hybred thread that their are a few prob. but nothing that is hard to over come ---- the info i found was great it took me about an hour to find it , it was late so i dont rember the thread--- sorry. i want use the drive by just dont have a clue where or how to hook it up. afraid to cut the harnes in case of hurting the drive by . it would be great if some1 had step by step pics of an install and cutting the harness --- when it comes to reading the diagrams ya get just a little lost. but it is their and every1 is very helpfull.

hope i help good luck i am old-school so this new - school is a litle goofy for me
Old 07-09-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best thing to do is get the pedal from the donor vehicle with the engine. If it has a TAC (Throttle Actuator Control), get that too. Also get any wiring between those components. If you are not able to ge the wiring, contact John at Speartech or one of the other wiring/electronic gurus for help. I had John custom make my harness and include the special harness for the TAC. Everything worked great first try. If you are adventurous, you can tackle it yourself by modifying the original harness. There is a lot of good wiring info in the stickys at the top of the page. I was old school too, and still am, but learning and gaining confidence.

Pat
Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The DBW doesn't use an IAC, so swapping to drive by cable is a little more complicated than just changing the TB.
I'm in the middle of an LQ9 swap with DBW. The harness between the pedal assembly and TAC module is part of the dash harness, so you wont get that. You'll need to make one or buy a pedal to TAC module harness. Bought mine for about $40.
I did discover there are several pedal and TAC modules, so you'll need matching components, ie. computer, TAC module, harness, and pedal for that year and model.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:29 PM

but if i'm not mistaken with dbw their is the peddle hook-up( tac or no tac) the the trans computer hook-up and then from that you go and hook-up to the trans ------ even used your looking at 200.00-300.00 out of a good bone yard. you would be better of getting a whole new harness and cpu and be able to hook-up any trans and not drill into your floor to make things go. some please correct me if i am wrong ?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

I am in the process of swapping a 6.0L TBSS drivetrain and this whole DBW thing is a little confusing to me also. I have the complete body harness and pedal assembly from the Trailblazer and the pedal is hugh, so there is no way I can use the same pedal that came with the engine. So how can you swap in a different pedal?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The pedal doesn't matter, it's the pedal position sensor at the base.
I'm modifying my pedal but keeping the base intact.

Originally Posted by LS-10
I am in the process of swapping a 6.0L TBSS drivetrain and this whole DBW thing is a little confusing to me also. I have the complete body harness and pedal assembly from the Trailblazer and the pedal is hugh, so there is no way I can use the same pedal that came with the engine. So how can you swap in a different pedal?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:48 PM

SINCE we are in the same boat do you guys know if the truck harness will work with 99-02 emc ? it just seams easier than messing around with that whole DBW thing . another words could you say take my 2003 truck harness and mate it with a ls1 emc and mod the harness that way and then no DBW or VATTS or the extra cost to get a ls1 harness .

Quick Reply: tbss 6.0 any issues with swap?