Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PYTHON 2 way pager alarm

Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PYTHON 2 way pager alarm

Someone local said they will install this out the door for $320, what do you guys think? My car was recently broken into and they broke my back window and took my Amp. I want something which will tell me if someone is tampering with my car. What do you guys think?

The place said if I brought in my own Alarm System they will install it for $120. They will not do Remote Start because they said it's a PITA (pain in the ***).
Old 07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Teching In

I have a Pyton paging alarm on my car. It is works very well. I had a perimitter sensor added, so that way if someone breaks the glass and reaches in, without opening the door, it goes off. I like mine.
Also they will not do remote starts on an M6.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by scanlamp
I have a Pyton paging alarm on my car. It is works very well. I had a perimitter sensor added, so that way if someone breaks the glass and reaches in, without opening the door, it goes off. I like mine.
Also they will not do remote starts on an M6.
So I can just buy a proximity sensor and have it installed right? I thought the proximity sensor will also sense if someone is near the car and will give them some kind of warning that they are too close?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Teching In

depends on how you have it adjusted. make sure you know where they put it, that way you can adjust over time to what area of coverage you want. I had mine installed under the box between the seats. I have learned that if I have something with mass near the sensor it will not look past that point, ie have a soda can in cup holder, it will not detect anything near the doors, just an FYI.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Oic, thanks Scan. I was thinking of buying a proximity sensor from ebay.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

I was looking at this, would this be okay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-ZONE-RADAR-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Teching In

I dont know anything about that one. I do not know if it will activate the pager on the python. The one I have is a module that plug n plays with the python.
here is a link to python accessories
http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/pro...cessories.aspx
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Can you guide me to the one you have? I might just get that one instead.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Teching In

I edited a link into the last reply. The one I have is not available anymore. I think. I got mine 7 years ago.
the 990 looks like the closest to mine.

Last edited by scanlamp; 07-09-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Teching In

First off - sorry to hear about your break-in. I know the feeling and it sucks.

From my experiences - proximity sensors (or Field Disturbance Sensor) are not as reliable as you would want. They have trouble when items are inside the car, don't response the same when windows are up compared to when down, can sometimes be fooled depending on your movement and temperature sometimes plays into it. Not to mention - I use to get afew false alarms with it and would spend time trying to re-adjust it.

This option should only be use if you leave your car with the top down or t-tops off. If so - set the sensor for only the interior space - nothing pass the windows - this is when problems occur - people would also try to set it for when others look inside the car touching the windows. Trying to get both these scenarios included is difficult.

If you dont have the top down - concentrate on hooking up 2 or 3 shock sensors to cover the car equally - IMHO this is more important.

The last time I used DEI's proximity sensor was about 6-7 years ago - hopefully they have improved on them! Please note - I'm not trying to discourage you on them - just saying they have a small role within a car alarm system and are limited.

There is also a glass break sensor - has a microphone that listens for glass being shattered. Might add some value to your next install - but this too may cause some false alarms if set too high.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnny402
First off - sorry to hear about your break-in. I know the feeling and it sucks.

From my experiences - proximity sensors (or Field Disturbance Sensor) are not as reliable as you would want. They have trouble when items are inside the car, don't response the same when windows are up compared to when down, can sometimes be fooled depending on your movement and temperature sometimes plays into it. Not to mention - I use to get afew false alarms with it and would spend time trying to re-adjust it.

This option should only be use if you leave your car with the top down or t-tops off. If so - set the sensor for only the interior space - nothing pass the windows - this is when problems occur - people would also try to set it for when others look inside the car touching the windows. Trying to get both these scenarios included is difficult.

If you dont have the top down - concentrate on hooking up 2 or 3 shock sensors to cover the car equally - IMHO this is more important.

The last time I used DEI's proximity sensor was about 6-7 years ago - hopefully they have improved on them! Please note - I'm not trying to discourage you on them - just saying they have a small role within a car alarm system and are limited.

There is also a glass break sensor - has a microphone that listens for glass being shattered. Might add some value to your next install - but this too may cause some false alarms if set too high.
I do agree. That is why I said he would need to know where they put the sensor, they do not always tell you were they put it. I did have to keep adjusting mine until I got it adjusted to work right. took alittle while. Also, like I said, you can not have anything with mass near the sensor, because then it will not work. If adjusted correctly and nothing to interfer with it, it will work well. Adding the window brake sensors is also a good idea. I do not mind checking on a few false alarms (which is rare for mine) than have my car tampered with.

Search this Thread