Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Drag Wheel Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drag Wheel Questions

So I am in the process of selecting a new set of wheels, I know already that I want a drag-oriented wheel, but my knowledge of them is limited. I only know of a few brands, Weld/Greg Weld, Bogart and Centerline. Are there any other brands that are worth looking at?

Nextly, this car isn't daily driven but its certainly driven constantly, I'm not looking to run skinnies in the front day-to-day, this is possible is it not? I was thinking 15x10" for the rear, is 15x8" on the front intelligent? I want the fronts to still be reasonably effective if I'm to take a corner, the car is primarily a straight line machine however.

Another thing I'm unsure of is what is going to be required to make drag wheels work as they should on my stock calipers. I've been told grinding the calipers is on the list of things that will probably need to be done, is there anything else that needs to be done? I've already hammered/coated my wheel wells for my current 315/35/17's.

Also, spacers, I know the concept behind a spacer but I don't know if I need to purchase them seperately or how that works.

Sorry to be asking all of these simple questions, but the last thing I want to do now is buy some wheels that don't fit or some other BS happening!

Thanks everyone
Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im pretty sure your limited to 15x3.5s or 15x4s in the front, there have been other threads of people trying to put 15x7s and 15x8s (ugly) in the front, and they dont fit.