Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous w/o pressure regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous w/o pressure regulator?

I have Dave's N2O dry nozzle kit on my car, but i don't have a bottle heater or NANO system to raise the bottle pressure. Is it a bad idea to spray w/o a way to regulate the bottle pressure?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

The pressure shouldn't matter on a dry system - when it goes low you simply won't spray as large of a shot. It is more critical to keep it consistent on a wet system because the bottle pressure affects the air/fuel ratio, ie when it drops the mixture becomes rich since the fuel is always constant.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

Thats right, if a kit is rated for a 1000 psi and you have a full bottle at 700 psi jetted for a 100 shot, your only getting approximatley 70% of the flow you need which will yield a 70 shot (these arent actual numbers). unlike a wet kit the fuel amount is going to adjust with the decrease in pressure since you are using the MAF to add the fuel.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Thats right, if a kit is rated for a 1000 psi and you have a full bottle at 700 psi jetted for a 100 shot, your only getting approximatley 70% of the flow you need which will yield a 70 shot (these arent actual numbers). unlike a wet kit the fuel amount is going to adjust with the decrease in pressure since you are using the MAF to add the fuel.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Am finally getting the N2O tune on tuesday, and my shop has a 15lb universal NANO kit sitting there that is really tempting. For $550, I am leaning towards slapping down the coin.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by landonew
Thanks for the feedback guys. Am finally getting the N2O tune on tuesday, and my shop has a 15lb universal NANO kit sitting there that is really tempting. For $550, I am leaning towards slapping down the coin.
it would certainly give you much more consistent runs. You also have to realize that after your first run the pressure is going to drop and continue to drop. Your not going to go lean like a wet kit, your just not going to make much power. So yes a bottle heater or nitrogen assisted kit would help your consistency on a pass by pass basis