Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

cleaning supplies? your opinions?

Old 08-21-2003, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default cleaning supplies? your opinions?

ok guys im in the charlotte area and im gonna be in the show with the fbody guys out there are charlotte motor speedway. i forget the name of that really good wax but im gonna get that later, the whole kit was something like 85 bucks. but i want something good to clean the carpets, leather, and a good shiny wax, something for wheels and tires, and dash. right now im using armorall high shine whatever with the red nossil on the dash and trim. i use the foaming mcguires leather cleaner, i use mcguires wax...i have like 3 different kinds. on the wheels i just use whatever like wax...its a 2000 ws6 and im not sure if they are chrome or polished wheels i have heard both. i mean its really clean now i just want something to make it look like it just rolled off the showroom floor, its pretty close lol. and in the engine bay, in front of the wheel wells there is crap, can i spray some orange clean degreaser stuff and spray it off? that and my intake are a little dusty just because i have been scared with the electrical to use any kind of water in there. just let me know how to get it lookin real good. thanks
Old 08-21-2003, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: cleaning supplies? your opinions?

That really good wax... would that be Zaino? If so, wise choice!
Zaino also makes an awesome leather cleaner and a leather conditioner... keeps the leather looking & smelling like new. I use it about once every 3 weeks.
As for the dash, Zaino does make a plastic protectant, but not much shine to it, and I myself am still stuck on Armor All.
For the wheels, I use Eagle AtoZ Wheel and Tire Cleaner. I've found it to work really good. Follow it up with a coat of Zaino and that keeps them clean.
Engine Bay... I use Griot's Garage Engine Cleaner on the black & plastic parts, and Simple Green Automotive on everything else. Spray on, hose off for both.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a company in Charlotte that deals w/ automotive cleaning supplies called Tomar. Another company that way is First Place Finish. Both are in NC. @ work, we use a bunch of Tomar cleaning supplies, and they work really well.

I havent used Zaino, but have heard nothing but good things about the shine. For the engine, use a degreaser, then spray it off, and air dry it down w/ an air hose. Griots is good stuff, i get their catalog, and am goin to try out their supplies once i get the dinero. But Mcguiars stuff is nice for your dollar.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Griots garage has alotta good cleaning supplies. I love there microfiber towels for buffing or dusting the car off. Zaino is the only polish I use now. I use to use Mcguires, but after using zaino once I was hooked. Its only like 55bucks for all the basic stuff you need though.

be careful with the engine bay cleaning. Make sure nothing gets in the PCM. Make sure you dont let any cleaner dry on the motor because it will eat the block right up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cleaning supplies? your opinions?