Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Is it cheaper or not worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it cheaper or not worth it?

I am probably going to be getting rid of my 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee because it is time. It has a Dana 60 in the rear and I am wondering if it is worth my wild to get that fixed up to put under my 99 Z28 M6? What does everyone else think about this or is it better to just get a Moser 9in?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fastz99
I am probably going to be getting rid of my 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee because it is time. It has a Dana 60 in the rear and I am wondering if it is worth my wild to get that fixed up to put under my 99 Z28 M6? What does everyone else think about this or is it better to just get a Moser 9in?
Thats not the stock rear then?
Those come with Dana 44's
Neither will have a torque arm mount and the cost to properly weld on onto cast iron, cut it to length, weld the housing ends on....you'd end up with something questionable for about the same price as buying one made for an F-Body.

Yea, even if your friend, brother, dad, whoever owns a machine shop chances are it's not going to get set up right unless they specialized in rear housing modifications and if that were the case you wouldn't be asking the question to begin with.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info. I thought it was a Dana 60, but i guess i was wrong. I thought they came with Dana 60 in the rear and a dana 35 in front. Well i guess i will save up for a moser 9inch.