Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLeod Adjustable Master

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McLeod Adjustable Master

So I just finished installing my new RPS Triple disc Carbon clutch in place of the McLeod twin. I also have the McLeod adjustable large piston master cylinder installed (had it with the McLeod clutch) with a stock slave cylinder. My problem is that the slave is engaging too far. I found that it's SLIGHTLY pushing the pressure plate fingers into the outer disc causing the discs to drag, making it difficult to shift. If I only push the clutch pedal half way in, it's much better. The clutch engagement/disengagement point is 1-2" from the top of the pedal travel. So, can I correct this by adjusting the rod on the master cylinder? Also, which way do you adjust the rod to make the clutch engage closer to the floor. And finally, do I just need to put the old stock master in and hope that works.

Derrick
Old 07-10-2008, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrong forum (manual transmission is what you want) but I would adjust the McLeod counter clockwise to extend the rod towards the master thus lowering the pedal.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I never actually scrolled down the front page of the forum that far before to find the manual trans section. So yes, this should probably be there instead.

Derrick