Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand Alone Plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stand Alone Plumbing

Last time on the dyno I was having some huge lean spikes on the inital hit. Its a 3 gallon cell mounted in toolbox in bed, holley blue pump and regulator, 6-an feed line, hi flow y-fitting going to 2 kits deadheaded at the solenoids. Should I run some kind of bleeder line right before the solenoids to get all the trapped air out? Or do I have another problem.. Fuel pressure is about 8-9 psi. Has direct port and a single nozzle kit... Just wondering how some of yall have yours plumbed....
Old 07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am setting up my system with a bleed line off of one side of the regulator with a -4 line that runs into my return fitting on the tank. But I drilled and tapped the return fitting to accept a Holley fuel jet. I've been told to start with a 55-60 size jet and adjust from there. I haven't got the system mounted and installed yet or I would post some pics. I got this tip from a couple local nitrous racers that run stand alone systems. They advised me to never dead head the regulator on a stand alone system due to pressure creep.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

I do not run a return from my solenoids...but I do purge the air from the lines before I use the kit. I just turn the pump on and crack the feed line at the solenoid.