Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vic Jr or GMPP????

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vic Jr or GMPP????

Alright guys, I tried this over in the external section, but all they want to talk about are spark plugs and headers.

I searched.........

Can we have a no B.S. discussion about switching over to a carb type intake manifold. Can I get some detailed pics also? I'm set on doing this very soon.

Also some help with a shopping list would be great. Here's what I know I need:

Intake
Intake elbow
90mm TB
gaskets ( from what I gather they use the same intake gaskets)
Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Alright guys, I tried this over in the external section, but all they want to talk about are spark plugs and headers.

I searched.........

Can we have a no B.S. discussion about switching over to a carb type intake manifold. Can I get some detailed pics also? I'm set on doing this very soon.

Also some help with a shopping list would be great. Here's what I know I need:

Intake
Intake elbow
90mm TB
gaskets ( from what I gather they use the same intake gaskets)
first off, screw the elbow and ****. just do an acufab with a nice 1" carb spacer.

2nd, i love my vic jr, but i ported the **** out of it, there is a ton of meat you can port out. so far i love it. top end pick up is great.

if you do an accufab you need a new t-cable. the one from like an 85 s10 blazer fits right in with very little modification.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

The problem I have is that I would like to keep this within somewhat of a budget. Those accufabs are really nice, but outside the price range. I have some other issues, like lack of a dyno up here (well there is one, but not really available) and no shops to help me tune in SD. I figured the elbow would let me keep my current nitrous setup, and when I go big cubes in the future I could sell it and go with the accufab. It will also let me keep the lid, MAF, etc.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

The only reason i would go with the GM intake is for cowl and hood clearance. it has shorter runners and lower profile that allows it to fit under. Obviously you can see from noyzee's it takes a bit of cutting to fit the vic with the accufab. With Intakeelbows.com piece you dont have to cut quite as much. i had to cut the cowl back an inch or so.

As for performance, the route of most evil in these types of setups is the elbow itself not the intake. Most people just associate a drop in low end power with the intake, but really its the restriction of flow in the elbow. Intakeelbows.com has the best designed elbow i have come across yet with the least amount of airflow restriction.

As for ordering, just go on summit and order form there

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

this one includes the fuel rails but they also have one that does not come with them.
As for the elbow, i am sure you know where to go for that.
You will need a 90mm throttle body unless you want to order a larger elbow. I would keep an eye on the for sale section, someone is always selling a Nick Williams.
Use the Stock Gaskets of your ls6 intake, you dont need to order new ones. All the intall hardware comes with the manifold, you dont have to go out and buy intake bolts or anything.
I do recommend a port job. I dont remember what heads you are running but i would at a minimum have them port matched to your heads.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks Mike. I'm running some of the older TEA 1.5 5.3's. I've got the VFN hood, and have no problems cutting a little bit of the shroud off. I will probably end up doing the touch up porting myself. I want to save as much material as I can so when I get some better heads, I can have a pro hog it out the right way.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have used tons of the Victor JR intakes and I have no complaint with them. We recently plumbed 2 Super Victor intakes and they are pretty awesome. I dont think they will fit with out some cutting though.. Recently they released the new GM intake and I am hearing good things about it. I know a few guys that sware by the GM intake over the victor. Now you can get the GM intake with fuel injector bungs just like the Victor. I think the Victor is cheaper though since you can get it with fuel rails for 400.00

Dave
Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
8 second mod

no matter what you can hog out the vic allot!! i think once the vic is hogged out its a better intake. long runners and put a 1"spacer if you have room.

i took about 10 pounds off my intake. lol
you can dig in there with a heavy cutting bit and open everything way the hell up.
we have about 8-10 hours of porting into my intake, but it picked up about 2 mph.

the accufab will also pick up when you do more cube.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hey Guys Andrew here We sell the Victor Manifold For $414.99 on sale this month and you also recieve FiberBucks which you could use towards any VFN Fiberglass purchase. If you were to buy this item from us you would recieve 21 FiberBucks you could use these right away or save them up to 1 whole year. and when you purchase a hood or anything from VFN Fiberglass use those fiberbucks to get a great deal.

Here's Our New Performance Site
http://performance.vfnfiberglass.com/Shop/index.php
Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Looks like a good deal!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

okay, noyzee that is a bad *** setup, my car told me he wants to be just like yours when he grows up. i also run the victor jr under a stock SS hood with a elbow and a wilson manifold carb nitrous plate that picked up over 160 rwhp and 240 rwfp on a 150 shot. i will put picks up when i go out back into the garage. i can remember when i did mine no one helped with a parts list so i will get you what i used.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my buddies had just bought a Victor jr. at the same time I bought my GM single plane, we should have taken pics. Stock for stock we both agreed that the GM looked to be the better piece, as Noyzee said before, the Victor jr. has alot of meat that could be taken out. I did a light port job on mine and I couldn't be happier with it. When I was choosing I came to the conclusion that there wasn't a big enough difference to matter. I mean I seriously doubt that there is more than a few hp diff. in the two. I decided that I would shop around and witch ever one I found cheaper would be the one I'd get. I ended up buying mine used off here for 270.00 shipped to my door!
99% of the people on the internet are gonna support the products that they use. I'm not gonna tell you that the GM is better than the Vic. because I haven't tried them both and compared the results. Even if I had that would just pertain to MY setup, it may not perform the same on yours.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:37 PM
8 second mod

you can be a minie me. lol

baked, the main reason i went with the vic was the longer runner. once its ported a longer runner will help. but like you said not big power, but every one counts. hehe
Old 07-12-2008, 12:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
no matter what you can hog out the vic allot!! i think once the vic is hogged out its a better intake. long runners and put a 1"spacer if you have room.

i took about 10 pounds off my intake. lol
you can dig in there with a heavy cutting bit and open everything way the hell up.
we have about 8-10 hours of porting into my intake, but it picked up about 2 mph.

the accufab will also pick up when you do more cube.
Your setup is silly sick. Love the Harness.. Have you ever run a DP on that?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Noyzee

Someone stole your MAF!!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Dynojet Fan

what about an accufab on a vette?? can it be done?
Old 07-12-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VH5150
what about an accufab on a vette?? can it be done?

I would imagine you would have more room for it on a vette. Because you can fit a Kenny Bell blower on a vette and you would have to cut the crap out of an F-body to fit a KB.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

BTW I think you will save money in the long run if you go with the accufab to start with. I have already bought the elbow with the singleplane and was not happy with the results. I have the l92 heads so this was my only option for a good intake.

This is what I had. It is for sale.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Do you have any more pics of the elbow and throttle body?
Old 07-12-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Here is a another one.

Here is a pic of my GMPP ported.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

PM me with what you're looking to get for the elbow and TB