Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Going to pull trigger on Audio purchase late next month early sept. need opinions

Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to pull trigger on Audio purchase late next month early sept. need opinions

This is what I am looking to get. I will install myself once I get the wiring diagram etc.

JL Audio A series A1400 400watts

JL Audio PowerWedge CS11ORG-W3v3

MTX RE-Q

StreetWires 4 gauge Amp wiring kit, blue

Tsunami Lite Wave Capacitor 1.2F

JL Audio Bass Remote

Street wires 12 gauge speaker wire, 10ft

Total:$1,027.94

I was looking into JL's new amps and can't really find a big difference for the couple of hundred dollars increase. You guys know why they are better? besides the extra heat-sink.

I also was looking into the powerwedge with 2-W3v3, but from what I have read that would be too much bass, and require a 1000watt rms amp which obviously costs more too.

Opinions?

Looking at the Slash v2 500/1 v2 amp it will put out twice the watts at 4ohm's than the one listed above. Is it worth the extra $200 for another 250watts rms?

JL Audio Slash V2 500x1 monoblock class D amp

I also noticed this had signal-sensing so I don't have to run a remote wire which is nice.

*This is for my G35 with the stock Bose system not Formula* thanks

Last edited by imnotplutonium; 07-11-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G35 doesnt need the req

its low level if you tap in before the bose amp. i.e. splice some rca connectors in on the input side of the amp and its full range signal

Search this Thread