Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Installing Midwest rear ???'s torque arm adj...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installing Midwest rear ???'s torque arm adj...

So I've got the rear in the car, I have to say compared to the Moser 9 inch I had in before there is a TON I mean TON of room. It looks kinda wierd with all that open space The top of the Torque arm does come up pretty high though..

It seems MUCH lighter, I didn't weigh them both but its pretty obvious. comparing both without axles and fluid the Midwest is pretty light.

The Shock holes were not big enough...not a big deal I think the moser had the same prob this is with Bilstiens and now Koni's stock may not be an issue.

My question is how the F to I begin in adjust this thing. I'm going to lowes to get an angle finder. But where is a good starting point for the LCA's and torque arm adjustments???

All and all pretty impressive, I'm not going to go as far as saying worth the wait since my car is on Jackstands in the middle of July when I ordered it in Feburary But if it works as good as it looks definately a bargain!

Bobby
Old 07-12-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll want your LCA's close to level. Then adjust your pinion angle to between 0 and -2 degrees to start.