Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG poor fitment

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG poor fitment

Got the gmmg in last week .. put it on today.. did anybody else have problems w/the tips hanging too low... its almost like they welded the tail pipes facing down. This is going on a ws6 and no matter how you adjust the clamped pieces the tips dont fit in the cut outs of the bumper they sag too much... Wondering if anyone else had the same problems?
Old 07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Teching In

mine fit perfect... although i dont have the gmmg oval tips
Old 07-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Yeah we ordered the tips w/it. I didn't read anything at all bad about gmmg only good.. thats why I'm a little surprised at our situation.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I never had a problem with mine when I had my GMMG. Are you having any problems bolting it up to the hangers in back?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned

You might have to take it to an exhaust shop and have them fix it, I doubt they'd charge more than 20$
Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to see a picture of how its fits.
I am going to be ordering mine soon
Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Teching In

I have some pictures I'll try to post up tomorrow.... I have a connection at an exhaust shop that is going to fix it on monday... but I would've assumed that after paying 900 dollars for an exhaust that it would fit properly.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1KENOBi
Got the gmmg in last week .. put it on today.. did anybody else have problems w/the tips hanging too low... its almost like they welded the tail pipes facing down. This is going on a ws6 and no matter how you adjust the clamped pieces the tips dont fit in the cut outs of the bumper they sag too much... Wondering if anyone else had the same problems?
Got my GMMG last week also. No prob w/ the tailpipe positioning. I had to fab my own hangar for the passanger side to get the exhaust hanging level. Took a little bit o/time, but wasn't bad.

Besides....feel lucky you got your tips. They are backordered. So....got the exhaust but no tips. Will get them next week?...maybe.... Have Magnaflow tips on it for the interim, which is why I know my pipes are straight vertically, though the driver side does tilt inward towards the center of the car a few degrees. Tack-welded the Magnaflow tip to "correct" that.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I didn't have any problems, and I've never heard of anyone having fitment issues with it. Are you SURE it isn't an adjustment issue ... like not having the muffler section fitted all the way down on the I-pipe?

I agree with the suggestion of taking it to an exhaust shop and having them check it.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RevGTO
I didn't have any problems, and I've never heard of anyone having fitment issues with it. Are you SURE it isn't an adjustment issue ... like not having the muffler section fitted all the way down on the I-pipe?

I agree with the suggestion of taking it to an exhaust shop and having them check it.
Positive... a reputable shop was doing the install.