Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR question

Trying to get my kit working and other than some obvious grounding issues I have, I believe my AFR is way out of line. Attached is a log I ran with the Maximizer with the nitrous system disabled. You can see the "EGO" starts off high in first gear and never gets below 14:1 after 3rd gear. I'm trying to run a progressive 180 wet shot. Recommendations?
Attached Thumbnails AFR question-afvsrpm.jpg  
Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Launching!

bump it
Old 07-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Launching!

hello, anyone home!?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

If that is your a/f ratio you had best fix that fast. Running higher than 13.00 NA is bad. Running higher than 12.00 is bad with NO2. You need way more fuel.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
If that is your a/f ratio you had best fix that fast. Running higher than 13.00 NA is bad. Running higher than 12.00 is bad with NO2. You need way more fuel.

Well, it is a direct port wet kit so i should be getting more fuel when it counts, but I agree with you. I'm just trying to figure out the most cost effective way to manage the AFR. I don't want custom tuning on a dyno because I don't run the NO2 all the time and tuning software like LS1edit is expensive. I want to adjust it on the fly when I'm at the track.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

u are way to lean to spray u are going to hurt something.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dragman
u are way to lean to spray u are going to hurt something.
I think he realizes that, which is the reason for his post.

Cap'n: Looks like you are just bolt-ons from your sig, correct? We can just forget about the nitrous for now and try to diagnose what's going on N/A. The first thing I would think is the fuel pump. An aftermarket one would definitely not hurt if you're planning to spray up to 180. Cleaning or replacing injectors would be my next thought.

99 FRC
Old 07-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Launching!

You are correct, just bolt ons like the SLP MAF and headers. The injectors should be clean as I cleaned them when I installed the NXL rails. Since then I've had less than 5000 miles on the car. My guess is that the car is running as tuned N/A. I say that because the AFR seems to follow a pattern and adjusts as I shift gears. I suppose I could take the SLP MAF of and remove the Hypertec III programmer to get an even more accurate look at the A/F. I figure the only way I can determine if the fuel system is being over taxed is stick the car on a dyno. Correct?

Tell me, have you ever used or seen the MAFT product (link below)? I'm thinking this is what I should have purchased rather than the Timing Tuning I installed. Looks like it can control both timing and A/F.

http://www.maftpro.com/
Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, I'm not the right person for self-tuning (got mine done at LG). However, I can almost guarantee that you need to get rid of that Hypertech and get your tune back to stock before even thinking about spraying! That should be posted as rule #1 somewhere. Give that a try and then get it on the dyno for a nitrous tune before you spray over 100 shot.

99 FRC
Old 07-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FRC
Sorry, I'm not the right person for self-tuning (got mine done at LG). However, I can almost guarantee that you need to get rid of that Hypertech and get your tune back to stock before even thinking about spraying! That should be posted as rule #1 somewhere. Give that a try and then get it on the dyno for a nitrous tune before you spray over 100 shot.

99 FRC
Just as FYI - Yes... I reload the stock program before I go to the track. I only run the power program when i'm daily driven.

How was your experience with LG? Did the tune cost you an arm and leg or just the arm?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just the arm! I bought their headers, so had it done at the same time. So, when you got the results above, did you have the stock program or the power program in?

99 FRC
Old 07-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FRC
Just the arm! I bought their headers, so had it done at the same time. So, when you got the results above, did you have the stock program or the power program in?

99 FRC
Now that you ask. I know I ran without NO2 active, but I don't remember if I re-installed the program before or after the run. My guess is I re-installed before the run. Unfortunately I've slept since then.