Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered Front/Stock Rear Spring Traction Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lowered Front/Stock Rear Spring Traction Issue

I had a full pro-kit on my car w/re-valved bilsteins on the car for a couple years. Well, like any aging celebrity, my rear stated to sag and look horrible. I also had a clearance issue due to LTs and Y-pipe.

SO i put the stock springs back in the rear to jack the *** up a little bit, but it seems like i have less traction pulling onto roads now ... the rears slides very noticeably.

The tires are new, and i have an adjustable torque arm among other suspension parts ... why is this happening and what can i do to solve it?

I really don't want to put the pro-kits springs back in ...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

you might wanna try some lca relocation brackets and Lcas if you dont already have them.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

i honestly don't remember if i got those put in when i got my shocks/springs put in .... what do they do exactly?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

question ... will the rear stock springs affect the u-joint angles or anything like that that could be dangerous??? I'm stupid when it comes to suspension geometry!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Based on what you are experiencing, I would guess you already have LCAs and brackets and you didn't adjust them when you raised the rear back up. That would cause what you described. Move the LCA's to the top setting in the brackets (or whichever hole gets them closest to level) and problem solved.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
Based on what you are experiencing, I would guess you already have LCAs and brackets and you didn't adjust them when you raised the rear back up. That would cause what you described. Move the LCA's to the top setting in the brackets (or whichever hole gets them closest to level) and problem solved.
At the risk of sounding very novice ... is there a write up on how to do this? Engine stuff I'm ok with, but I get confused w/suspension very easily (don't ask).

Quick Reply: Lowered Front/Stock Rear Spring Traction Issue