Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best kit for the money and cheapest place to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best kit for the money and cheapest place to buy?

i been out of the nitrous world for a good while and im wondering what kit would be the best for a 2002 LS1? i had NX on my LT1 and a TNT on my old LS1 and i loved both of them.... the TNT was a little high but had some what better brackets and ect.... i want a good kit but i dont want to pay $600-$800 for it..... anyone have any ideas or suggestions? thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dynotune and Nitrous Outlet are both very good alternatives to NX and TNT
Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

www.harrisspeedworks.com you'll find some of the best products for the prices.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebeast
i been out of the nitrous world for a good while and im wondering what kit would be the best for a 2002 LS1? i had NX on my LT1 and a TNT on my old LS1 and i loved both of them.... the TNT was a little high but had some what better brackets and ect.... i want a good kit but i dont want to pay $600-$800 for it..... anyone have any ideas or suggestions? thanks!
Good luck with that.

I tried to build a cheap dry kit...but the parts kept adding up. To get all the safety and necessary accessories..it will add up quick! If you go with a wet kit it will be more expensive too..

You could build a cheap kit...just use a blow torch as a bottle warmer, don't even worry about a wideband setup or a window switch. That will save a little bit of money...but I don't recommend it
Old 07-15-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well im not trying to exactly get out easy and cheap..... but you know how maryland speed has that great deal on magnaflow? i was wondering if anyone had great deals on nitrous kits too! i know i saved $100+ on my magnaflow by finding the right place to buy it!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

www.dynotunenitrous.com they have the most affordable kits.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

one thing i am wanting in my kit is for the solenoids to be bigger so i can grow into them later or use them for racing when going to a 200-250 shot or something.... cause alot of these cheaper kits have the tiny noids that look to be good for up to 125-150hp hit..... what do you guys think is the best of the 2, NX or NOS? they seem to be pretty close.....
Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

dynotune has the silenoid upgrade for like an extra $40. they are huge and can flow up to a 250 shot.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out our listed specials. You can not go wrong with ourt quality or customer service.

We have products that fits everyones needs and budget.

Here are our current specials.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/934999-nitrous-outlet-summer-time-specials.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/946421-killer-4th-july-deals-part-1-a.html

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-15-2008, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bluebeast
one thing i am wanting in my kit is for the solenoids to be bigger so i can grow into them later or use them for racing when going to a 200-250 shot or something.... cause alot of these cheaper kits have the tiny noids that look to be good for up to 125-150hp hit..... what do you guys think is the best of the 2, NX or NOS? they seem to be pretty close.....
I suggest looking at the Nitrous Outlet line for a dependable, high flowing, and high horse power making system!

Dave
Old 07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks dave! i will look into this stuff..... i guess what i have always wondered is why nitrous systems cost so much.... i mean there aint much to them other than a few solenoids, a few switches, some steel braided lines and little nick nack stuff..... i mean dont get me wrong i know there is more but it just seems like some of these $800-$1,000 systems could be $400-$500.....
Old 07-15-2008, 11:30 PM
FormerVendor

I agree some systems are over priced. And some are priced CHEAP because that is exactly what they are.

There are many factors that lead to the cost a manufacture has in offering a product and service. You will find our systems are not the cheapest nor the most expensive. However I could not be any happier with the end result in the quality of our products and our service.

This market is getting tougher and tougher every day. As raw materials continue to rise I assume so will the products offered in this industry.
Dave
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Some people will allways use the Cheap product equals cheap parts argument but thats not allways the case. the quality and service we offer is outstanding and our reputation will speak for itself. goodluck with your install no matter which direction you decide to take.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

uh oh we got a nitrous war here! hehe just kidding guys! yeah you get what you pay for sometimes..... and by the way on my 2002 LS1 what setup is gonna hit harder and just be plain out better? the shark style nozzle, the plate in front of the throttle body, or the MAF kit? it seems like the nozzle stick out there and shoots that stuff right in the intake and the plate just shoots sideways out and then has to go tward the intake when the air hits it......your thoughts?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

I can tell you from my experience, I have used multiple HSW kits in multiple configurations, and IMHO they are the best for the money hand down. The kits have quality anodized fittings, and with the Brute Force upgrade it is customized to your needs for less than the competitors "off the shelf kits". Just my .02
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what do you thin about the quality of the NX and NOS stuff as far as brackets and ect compaired to the harris and nitrous outlet stuff? im really big on the parts that come with kits having a CNCed look and things being strong and having a long lasting look to them.... that the main reason i bought TNT kit a while back.... but i am starting to lean tward these guys like nitrous outlet, and harris..... BTW what do yall think about dyno tune?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

and also are all solenoids the same maker? i mean im sure those CHEAP flea market $200 kit has crappy solenoids..... but these better qaulity kits like NOS, NX, nitro outlet, nitrous works,TNT, harris and ect.... do they all have about the same qaulity noids?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Most places anymore, use similar solenoids. NOS has different ones, and NX has some pretty trick Lightning noids, but other than that, they are similar (I don't want to say they are the exact same, but they all get them fom the same manufacturer).

The HSW brackets are nice, and bolt directly on. You get your choice of 2 mounting styles. The throttle body mount, and the split mount on opposing sides of the intake. Both are powdercoated black, and look great.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also i am wanting a kit with the bigger noids able to spray up to a 250 shot when the time comes..... i assume those little noids that come with the cbase kits wont do much over a 150 shot right? i know my NX and TNT came with BIG noids that made me able to spray about any shot i wanted..... what kits come with the bigger style noids? BTW im pretty sure in the next few weeks i will be making a purchase so all this talk wasnt for nothing for you companys trying to help me.... when i talk i buy! thanks, jake
Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also to the nitrous outlet, harris and whom ever what warranties come with your noids or do they not come with a warranty..... its hard to pass up the life time NX warranty so thats why i ask!