Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a rookie, but I have a question about juice?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a rookie, but I have a question about juice?????????????

AFTER my motor comes back all refreshed , and lets suppose is has 500 RWHP/500 RWTQ. (it better )
Can a nitrous system be set up to gradually give you power?

Lets say I want a 200 shot, can it hit off the line at say 75, then a couple seconds later come up to 125, then 200 after traction is assured. STREET CAR, I'm not talking about the track.

Same when racing from a roll at say 50 mph, can it be set so the whole 200 shot doesn't hit at once?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2003, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: I'm a rookie, but I have a question about juice?????????????

Yes. Progressive controller.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes. Progressive controller.
With a PC can I simply make it do whatever size shot I want at whatever rpm I want?
Old 08-23-2003, 04:42 PM
TECH Junkie

NOS makes a progressive controller. I believe you set it at the initial shot, final shot, and the time you want it to take to get between the two. Personally, if it were my car, I would go with the NX model. I don't trust NOS.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like the NOS 2 **** controller. The frst **** lets you set it at a certain percentage to start the shot at, and the second **** lets you decide how much time it takes for that shot to get to full blast.
BTW NOS dosent make their own controllers. They just put theire name on it.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:50 AM
TECH Veteran

So, what kind of kick in the *** would a 200 shot give me from a 50 roll, and considering it's a street car on BFG drags how would you best have it progressively build up?

Good enough to beat these pesky turboed Supras from 50 to 150?
Old 08-24-2003, 02:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

anything over a 125 shot I would most likley run it on a prgressive controller. With the tires your running, I would test it out on a back road untill you started to spin more than what you were comfortable with, start it at around 55-60% and work your way up.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Quickin,

It's like getting on the freight train while it's all ready moving. You will become addicted.

The progressive controller will give you a nice ramp up and would be particularlly nice for launches from the lights.

I run the NX Gemini MAF kit as a duel stage. Stage 1 is the WOT switch with a mild 100 Hp shot and stage 2 is a push button for an extra 50. So hold the button and go to WOT and you have the 150 shot. The 100 shot with slicks is enough to lift the stock front wheels with no weight reduction at the track. :eek I'll probably set things up for a 125 and 75 mix at some point but things are plenty fun at the moment.

You will get a lot of puzzled looks when the juice hits and you're gone.

Do spend the money for the electric bottle warmer and electric bottle opener for the type of fun you are planning on. You'll want to press the button and hear the bottle open, press the next button and watch the bottle heat up and see the pressure come up, then Arm the puppy and play. The Supra boys aren't going to wait for you to pull into the parking lot and open your bottle mannually.

Rick
Old 08-25-2003, 01:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Quickin,

It's like getting on the freight train while it's all ready moving. You will become addicted.

The progressive controller will give you a nice ramp up and would be particularlly nice for launches from the lights.

I run the NX Gemini MAF kit as a duel stage. Stage 1 is the WOT switch with a mild 100 Hp shot and stage 2 is a push button for an extra 50. So hold the button and go to WOT and you have the 150 shot. The 100 shot with slicks is enough to lift the stock front wheels with no weight reduction at the track. :eek I'll probably set things up for a 125 and 75 mix at some point but things are plenty fun at the moment.

Do spend the money for the electric bottle warmer and electric bottle opener for the type of fun you are planning on. You'll want to press the button and hear the bottle open, press the next button and watch the bottle heat up and see the pressure come up, then Arm the puppy and play. The Supra boys aren't going to wait for you to pull into the parking lot and open your bottle mannually.

Rick
Damn, I read it 3 times, that sounds kick-***. Wet or dry shot, which is safer?

I've never been in a car with nitrous. These 750 RWHP Supras around here like to go from 50 rolls. Will I put some cars on them with a 200 shot, say up to 150 mph? Considering I have 500 RWHP N/A, which I will when it comes back.

So, this process of pushing buttons to open the bottle, then to warm it up, and then being able to spray, how long does it take?
Old 08-25-2003, 03:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Quickin,

Rick
Damn, I read it 3 times, that sounds kick-***. Wet or dry shot, which is safer?

I've never been in a car with nitrous. These 750 RWHP Supras around here like to go from 50 rolls. Will I put some cars on them with a 200 shot, say up to 150 mph? Considering I have 500 RWHP N/A, which I will when it comes back.

So, this process of pushing buttons to open the bottle, then to warm it up, and then being able to spray, how long does it take?
Putting the hurt on a Supra from a roll isn't easy, but it can be done. I'd imagine that with about 700 to 750 RWHP you'd be giving them a run for their money. Remember, their powerbands are married to the freeway.

The bottle opener is instantaneous. You hit the button and teh bottle is open. If you've already got good bottle pressure (Higher than 900 psi) you can spray right then and there. If you're bottle isn't totally full or you're in cold weather (Not a problem here in Houston) it will take about 2/3 minutes for the bottle to get to pressure. It all depends on what pressure it's already at. The NX bottle heater is run off of a transdeucer that automatically turns on when bottle pressure falls below 900 psi and it shuts off when it get's to 1150 psi, which NX says is optimal bottle pressure.

Good luck and happy spraying. It's addicting!
Old 08-26-2003, 12:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, the process will be quick for you since 90% time you'll be above 900 PSI in the Florida heat. So the bottle opens and whoooshh you will have pressure.

I run the wet kit which takes a lot of the guess work out of playing with and tuning injectors to match the NO2 flow in a dry kit. I look at a side advantage of the dual stage kit beside selectability of power is that with dual jets for the NO2 and Fuel should provide a nicer spray pattern when fired together than a larger single set of jets for a 200 shot.

A progress roll of 125 to 200 shot should give you the hit advantage that you need to put the hurt on the Supras while they spool up. Then it's hold on for dear life to keep the advantage.

There is the added shock and awe factor of the launch even from a roll which may stun a less experienced oponent.

Rick
Old 08-26-2003, 03:26 AM
TECH Veteran

I have raced several Supras here in Fl. I still have one that im trying to hook up with.

The fastest one I did race was in the upper 700 rwhp range I believe. We went form a 40 mph roll and I instantly put two cars on him while he waited for the turbo to spool. I put another car on him in third and then he basically matched my acceleration in the top of fourth.

In your case I would do an RPM based multi stage setup. That way if you go from a certain roll you will have the maximum available power without hesitation.