Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

miss question....exhaust related?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default miss question....exhaust related?

Since my last tune i have upgraded to a Fast 78mm intake and now i have upgraded my headers from the flowtech 1 3/4 headers to the new TSP 1 7/8" headers.

Here is my problem. after finally getting the headers in, and re-installing the intake (had to raise the motor so i removed the intake), i started the car w/open headers and it seems to idle fine however i decided to take it around the block and found the car was missing very badly (felt like i only had 25 hp badly) after a while it finally threw a code for the O2 sensors showing lean condition. however the didnt show the "random multiple cyl missfire" code like it usually does when its missing but the SES did flash when it missed.

Is the miss just a result of the headers being open causing the lean condition? or is the problem something else?

i plan to get the Catted y-pipe installed then send it for a tune, but i dont want to send it for a tune if the problem is something not related to exhaust.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you replace the plugs when you did the swap? It kinda sounds like the porcelain on one or more of your plugs is cracked.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no i didnt but i am positive on re-installing them that they were ok. ill be giving that a try along with some new wires.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know when i did my first header swap i got lazy and didnt pull out the plugs, managed to crack two of them and it ran just like how you explained.