Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

It's time... need to upgrade to twin Walbros?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking It's time... need to upgrade to twin Walbros?

I currently have a single Walbro 255 in tank, I am putting the procharger on the H/C/forged internals car (estimate 12 lbs boost), so I'm pretty sure I'll be needing an upgraded system . I'm looking for someone that has done this/can guide me thru this.

I'm thinking twin Walbro's, and I've seen some people put them on a Hobb switch... so what additional parts would i need, etc?

Or would the cost be so high that I should just run an A-1000, etc?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 07-16-2008, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Bite the bullet and get a fuel system that can handle more than what you need. Two walboros + hobbs switch = trouble, imo. You could have a fuel line come off on of the pumps and never know it. The fuel system is a place where a couple hundred dollars can save you from spending thousands on a rebuild.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:55 PM
8 Second Club

^^^^^^^^^^MightyMouse has done a couple of writeups on this subject. It is at the top in the stickies.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by veee8
^^^^^^^^^^MightyMouse has done a couple of writeups on this subject. It is at the top in the stickies.
Yeah, but Mightymouse actually likes those damn POS Walbro pumps. I have yet to see a single one that works as advertised. By that statement I am completely disregarding all of the people that put up with the check valve not holding fuel pressure as it should, because hard starts are one of the arguments AGAINST going to a better flowing pump.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Funny we have used them in hundreds of duel Walbro fuel systems without a single failure. Although ours are wired properly and use the correct hose in the tank. Dual pump setup is a great street setup and should be considered over the A1000 any day they flow alot more as well.Cheaper than buying the correct sumped fuel tank to run a big external pump like that. Give me a call I will help you get the correct system setup for your needs.

Nate
Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Funny we have used them in hundreds of duel Walbro fuel systems without a single failure. Although ours are wired properly and use the correct hose in the tank. Dual pump setup is a great street setup and should be considered over the A1000 any day they flow alot more as well.Cheaper than buying the correct sumped fuel tank to run a big external pump like that. Give me a call I will help you get the correct system setup for your needs.

Nate
what if you need to run -10an feed line and -8return. can you still somehow setup dual intake pumps?

i had planned on running 2 A1000 fuel pumps, but this car will see alot of street time
Old 07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
8 Second Club

I am running -10 feed and -8 return with triple walbro pumps. I use a metal LT1 tank and sending unit though. Cut the factory lines off and grafted bulkhead style fittings to use the an hose right out of the sending unit.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

Why do you need -10 with 2 Walbro pumps? We flow more than enough through the factory fittings with our fuel systems. -8 line will flow about 1200hp. How much power do you plan to make? What is your setup? We have MagnaFuel pumps as well that will make alot of power and are very streetable.

Nate
Old 07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Why do you need -10 with 2 Walbro pumps? We flow more than enough through the factory fittings with our fuel systems. -8 line will flow about 1200hp. How much power do you plan to make? What is your setup? We have MagnaFuel pumps as well that will make alot of power and are very streetable.

Nate
i went my route b/c i picked up the entire fuel sys. cheap. lines, dual A1000 pumps, check valves, etc.

i just ordered a comp eng sump, and will have it welded to my 98 tank sitting in the garage. i've read about A1000's not being street friendly though. this car will see 60% street time.

the motor is a 408ci, GT47-88 by the way.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

answered my own question. found this thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/945231-8an-lines-fuel-bucket.html

i'm really thinking about going the twin intake route rather then dual A1000's...