Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

new tires for a DD

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tires for a DD

Im going into the final stages of buying a 98 TA. Soon or immediately after i buy it i plan on replacing atleast the rear tires and most likely all four.

If i can i plan to do some autocrossing/road stuff that involves turns, so i am really looking for a tire that performs (predictably) well on the street. At the same time this car will be my DD, so the tires need to be able to handle rain (at the same time, i have no problem purchasing a tire that isnt great in the rain as long as its doable). Obviously i want something that hooks decently well at the same time for straight line stuff.
I understand how difficult it is to cram all that into one tire, i am well aware that i will most likely have to make some compromise. Im just looking for a tire that offers me the best blend of performance (both straight line and through the curves) and streetability. Tread life isnt a huge concern but i would like to get something that will last me atleast a year if at all possible.

A second question: I live in the new england area so this car will see snow at times (probably only a handful, but it certainly will at some point). Anyone know of any snow tires that wont leave me completely dead in the water in terms of performance? Again, i know i will have to make a compromise, but if there is such a thing as a snow tire for a sports car i would like to know...

The catch:
430rwhp
18" rim

Also, if anyone knows a good place to buy there recommended rubber from that would be another useful piece of advise. I am not at all against ebaying it if that is something people have found to be useful.

Thanks for any advice, and i hope to have many more questions in the upcoming months.

Sam M.